Latest post Wed, Nov 10 2010 3:15 PM by maryd. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 29 2010 2:27 AM

• amiller
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 29 2010
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

triggering a motion through program or control air

Hi, we're using deko300 hd v5.0 and control air through iNEWS to call up our deko elements.

I have created a motion and linked it to the deko file and it calls up and runs great when called up into preview(automatically plays in program).

Control air calls everything up in program, so deko calls everything up, except doesnt run the motion.

Is there a way to call up a deko file with a linked motion through control air and have it run properly, or another way to do it?

Did that make sense?

THANKS!

• Mon, Nov 1 2010 11:21 PM In reply to

• jaws
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 8 2009
    • Posts 37
    • Points 385

Re: triggering a motion through program or control air

I don't use control air but I know that if you link a motion to a .dko file, it MUST run through preview first in order to play the motion out on program.  The work around I use is to save the graphic as a sequence with the motion.  When the sequence is called up it will play on program with the motion.

• Tue, Nov 2 2010 1:33 AM In reply to

• amiller
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 29 2010
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

thanks for the reply. I thought this was the case, but wanted to double check.  I do not know if I can get aircontrol to call up a sequence, but I'll look into. 

We don't have someone sitting at out dekos during our shows, so calling these up manually is a no go.

• Mon, Nov 8 2010 5:55 AM In reply to

• stustustu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 11 2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 17
    • Points 215

We've got the same issue & it's very annoying.  97% of our gfx are static except for a couple of animated stocks boards so we need a CG op to sit there during the bulletin just to hit a couple of keys to animate the sequence.  Doesn't seem any way around this as ControlAir is rather simplistic in how it calls up gfx on the Deko.  At least the CG op has time to (hopefully) pick up the journalists spelling mistakes before they go to air...

I have heard people mention controlling Deko with a PBC (playback controller) - what is this and how does it work?  Could it help in this situation?

• Wed, Nov 10 2010 3:15 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

The upgrade path from ControlAir is Command.  Playback Controller was originally a Pinnacle product that could trigger Deko and Thunder events.  It is no longer sold.

Command will play both video and graphics.  A graphic is “played” to air through the Command list.  If the graphic has an attached effect, motion or auto-motion will automatically trigger the motion.  Any motion with pauses, either at the start or during the motion, will automatically pause then play from the pause.  Any graphic without effect or motion will simply swap to the air channel when it is “played”.

Please contact your sales rep for more information, or contact me directly.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller