Latest post Tue, Oct 12 2010 2:44 PM by Marty. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 29 2010 2:36 PM

• Alex Iniesta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 30 2010
    • Barcelona
    • Posts 22
    • Points 330

Rotate in efect Pan and Zoom, Please

It would be very interesting that the Pan and Zoom effect, not only can move in x, y, but also in the z-axis rotation.
    thanks

Alex Iniesta

Avid, Media Composer. New Mac Pro 6 core dual AMD700. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 29 2010 2:47 PM In reply to

Re: Rotate in efect Pan and Zoom, Please

This is a long standing features request, but I'll go ahead and second it once again.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:12 PM In reply to

And again, the BCC Pan & Zoom already includes a rotation function and BCC is included with MC. 

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:18 PM In reply to

Kenton.VanNatten:

And again, the BCC Pan & Zoom already includes a rotation function and BCC is included with MC. 

Yes, which is fine for users who bought the optional production suite, but no good for users who didn't. I still think it's a very valid request.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:34 PM In reply to

Larry Rubin:
    which is fine for users who bought the optional production suite, but no good for users who didn't

Who wouldn't buy it at least once?  It's a small price to pay to get an entire collection of usable effects and plug-ins. 

Also, you can nest 3D Warp in the Pan & Zoom and get Z-space control.

• Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:48 PM In reply to

Kenton.VanNatten:

Who wouldn't buy it at least once?  It's a small price to pay to get an entire collection of usable effects and plug-ins. 

I agree, and I certainly would not want to be without the plug-ins. Nonetheless, there are users out there who do not own it, so rotation in the Avid pan and zoom would be a great help to them.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:53 PM In reply to

• Alex Iniesta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 30 2010
    • Barcelona
    • Posts 22
    • Points 330

Thanks, BCC pull time. Alex

Avid, Media Composer. New Mac Pro 6 core dual AMD700. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 29 2010 4:21 PM In reply to

Larry Rubin:
    Nonetheless, there are users out there who do not own it, so rotation in the Avid pan and zoom would be a great help to them.

I guess my position on it is that they can just purchase the Production bundle and get BCC which includes the tools/options they need vs Avid spending any time making Pan & Zoom have the same functionality.

• Fri, Oct 8 2010 5:57 PM In reply to

• xorkaya
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, May 10 2009
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

I suppose the question is, why wasn't it in there from the beginning? I really don't understand the logic behind it not being there, let alone them not adding it.

• Tue, Oct 12 2010 2:44 PM In reply to

• Marty
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 3 2005
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 926
    • Points 10,790

And I miss the "advanced keyframe" mode where I can adjust the curves to change the speed of a dynamic zoom or an acceleration slider.

all different setups in various editing suites. my own: MC 2018.2, OSX 10.12.6, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 40GB RAM, Radeon... [view my complete system specs]

www.film-editing.de

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller