Latest post Tue, Sep 21 2010 3:17 PM by Zac Hogle. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 21 2010 11:56 AM

• thegoodamy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 20 2010
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20

AMA Link To Log Files

Hi there,

Just looking at a new Link to AMA workflow and trying to ensure that all possible problems are ironed out prior to switching to this method of media management.

Obviously when you link to the AMA there are log files created somewhere. If these files were deleted are there any known issues with relinking. Is it worth backing up these log files in a separate area or is Avid able to relink regardless of these files?

Essentially I'm happy with the workflow going forward, but in terms of retrieval of backed up material, should there be a problem with our direct media storage, I want to ensure that we will always be able to relink using this system.

If anyone has any experience with these files or has any further issues to flag up could you let me know.

Thanks so much for any advice you can give. It's greatly appreciated!!

• Tue, Sep 21 2010 3:16 PM In reply to

• Zac Hogle
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 30 2010
    • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    • Posts 788
    • Points 9,745

Re: AMA Link To Log Files

Relinking in AMA is doable, albeit cumbersome. As long as you have the master clips in your bins, you can select them and choose 'Relink to AMA.' Then you will have to go through one by one and direct the master clips to where the actual files are located.

Also, you'll have to have a good memory as once the link is lost, your master clip will no longer be hilighted yellow to indicate an AMA file. I still haven't found an easy way to determine which files are AMA without the yellow indicator!

Hope this helps!

Z

• Tue, Sep 21 2010 3:17 PM In reply to

• Zac Hogle
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 30 2010
    • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    • Posts 788
    • Points 9,745

Re: AMA Link To Log Files

Also, welcome to the forums!

Z

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller