Latest post Fri, Sep 17 2010 8:00 AM by mjolnarn. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 17 2010 1:53 AM

• Drew Sommer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 10 2008
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 6
    • Points 70

uninstall Boris BCC AVX 6 & Avid FX 5.8

Hello,

I can't seem to be able to uninstall Boris BCC AVX 6 and Avid FX 5.8. I installed these apps since they came with our avid 4.0.5 and I needed the scan line effect from Boris. After installing these apps my xdcam import broke. The "disk label" field in the import window was gone and with out a disk label string I can't import anything.

So my solution was to uninstall Boris and Avid FX, I do the boris uninstall and the BCC effects are still there and active. There is no Uninstall option on Avid FX 5.8. I then uninstalled Avid MC, Boris again and deleted all the Avid FX 5.8 files I could find, there was only preferences and the folder in the applications folder. Then I re-installed Avid Media Composer and low and behold the BCC effects are still there in my effect palatte as well as the Avid FX 5.8 and they are still active and I can launch and go into Avid FX 5.8 from MC. AFTER A fresh install! Obviously something is goofy with these two apps and I just want them gone.

My system is 2009 Mac Pro 2.93 8 core running OS 10.6.2, 12GB Ram, hooked up to a Nitris DX, running MC 4.0.5, hope I'm including pertinent info. Thanks for any help I'm so frustrated.

Work - MacPro 4.1, 2.93 8core, 10.6.2, 6x2GB RAM, 1TB 7200 RPM BOOT, GT 120 - Avid MC 4.0.5 - Unity 5.2 - Native XDCAM HD 50MB(import) workflow. HOME... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Fri, Sep 17 2010 5:04 AM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,418
    • Points 61,120
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: uninstall Boris BCC AVX 6 & Avid FX 5.8

Fwiw, In my applications folder, I have folders for Avid FX 5.8, Avid unstallers and Boris AVX 6, AVX 7, each containing specific uninstall programs.

Mac Pro, 64GB Ram. 1TB SSD system drive, 250Gb SSD external (media) drive. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC 2019.12.1. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 17 2010 5:27 AM In reply to

• Drew Sommer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 10 2008
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 6
    • Points 70

Adman,

Thanks for your reply, I'm not at work so I can't be specific or attach images, but in my Avid FX 5.8 folder there is only the application icon, and the help folder with all the html pages. In my boris folder there is an uninstall folder but as you can see from above the uninstall didn't actually uninstall. And in my Avid Uninstaller folder there are no uninstallers for Avid FX or Boris which makes sense to me.

This problem has been solved and its either a bug with Avid FX 5.8 or with Boris BCC AVX 6 and the import window's disk label field. I had to go to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/AVX2_Plug-ins - and physically remove Avid FX.avx, BCC 3D Objects.avx, BCC Real Time.avx, BCCStatic RT.avx, and BCC.avx; as well as remove the 4 Boris folders from Application Support folder to actually remove the boris and avid fx plug ins, after doing this my xdcam disk label field returned to normal.

My advice for anyone who works xdcam hd 50mbit natively (import) on 10.6.2 and AMC 4.0.5 do NOT install Boris or Avid FX, if I have the time tomorrow I will try installing them individually to see if its one or the other causing the issue and report back. Thanks again, have a good night.

Work - MacPro 4.1, 2.93 8core, 10.6.2, 6x2GB RAM, 1TB 7200 RPM BOOT, GT 120 - Avid MC 4.0.5 - Unity 5.2 - Native XDCAM HD 50MB(import) workflow. HOME... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 17 2010 8:00 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,365

Drew Sommer:

And in my Avid Uninstaller folder there are no uninstallers for Avid FX or Boris which makes sense to me.

The uninstaller might be brought together with your downloaded installer, make sure that you are using the latest versions

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller