Latest post Fri, Nov 5 2010 2:30 AM by Matt Pfingsten. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 14 2010 2:18 PM

• payta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 14 2010
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

AMA Bin Automount

I am using MC 5.0 and when I am inserting CD or DVD containing quicktime mov file MC is always make new bin called like disk label. Is there any way to turn off this feature (Not turn AMA at all)? I just want to decide myself to link or not media on cd.

Filed under: , , , ,
  • Tue, Sep 14 2010 3:35 PM In reply to

• TCurren
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 2,994
    • Points 37,755

Re: AMA Bin Automount

Unfortunately, you have to essentially turn AMA off to avoid this. IN the AMA setting you under the volume mounting tab you turn off "Enable AMA Volume Management"

I do wish they would give us the ability to ignore certain devices. Nothing worse than inserting a client's USB drive only to find they have some QT movie on the surface layer and now I have to quit Symphony to be able to eject their drive. Aaarrrgghhh!

Symphony Nitris Classic, Symphony DX, MC Soft, MC Adrenaline, MC Adrenaline HD, Unity, Terrablock, ProTools [view my complete system specs]

Terence Curren Alpha Dogs, Inc.

Burbank, Ca

www.alphadogs.tv

www.digitalservicestation.com

www.editorslounge.com

• Tue, Sep 14 2010 10:07 PM In reply to

Yes, major PITA. Unwanted bins auto-creating whenever you add a disk clutter projects. Yuk.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 4 2010 6:17 PM In reply to

• btovsky2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 15 2009
    • Posts 9
    • Points 75

i'll also add my 2 cents and say that this is a big PITA in my workflow as well. i'm constantly switching external firewire drives with tapeless media for various projects and am continually deleting unwanted bins created by this "feature".

where's the dang off button!!!!

b

• Fri, Nov 5 2010 2:30 AM In reply to

Am I missing something?

I changed my setting to use the active bin rather than create a new bin. It's in the AMA settings page on the Bins tab. Now when I connect a drive it doesn't create a new bin/auto import files at all.

Edit: I also turned off "When mounting previously mounted volumes, do not check for modifications to the volume" on the Volume Mounting tab.

Does this not work on the Mac?

Avid MC Soft 5.0.3.8 OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit CPU: Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2 GHz MOBO: Asus Sabertooth X58 GPU: PNY nVidia QuadroFX... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller