Latest post Fri, Aug 3 2012 1:03 AM by Clement Canino. 67 replies.
Page 5 of 5 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 19 2011 1:53 AM In reply to

• hagi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 318
    • Points 4,270

Re: Quadro 4000 works!

Where is the location of the QualifiedGPU text file?

Clement Canino:

Check in the QualifiedGPU text file that the Quadro 4000 is listed along with the driver version you are using. If not copy a line from another listed card, paste it to the bottom of the file and insert your cards info along with the current driver you are using and that you follow the syntax exactly. Make sure the line does not have a semicolon in front of it , that disables the line. Save the file, and restart MC. You should see found qualified GPU messages during startup, and no more errors about open GL. Also make sur hardware open GL is checked off in your preferences under video display.

HP Z800 2.9Ghz(2x) 12GB Ram, Nvidia Quadro FX5800, Camera - HMC150 Media Composer 8.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 19 2011 2:23 AM In reply to

• Saylur
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Laguna Woods CA
    • Posts 485
    • Points 6,115

hagi:
    Where is the location of the QualifiedGPU text fil

Here: OK, I'll try to help as much as I can. There should be Nvidia drivers in one of the avid folders, I thought it was under utilities. I believe it is 259.77, although I am using the latest Quadro driver from Nvidia. You have to edit the QualifiedGPU file to include the Quadro2000 and the driver you are using. That will give you accelerated GPU based effects. If you do not update the file when you launch MC you'll get a driver mismatch error, which you can ignore, but your effects will not PB well. If you need info on editing the Qualified file, look in ProgramFiles(x86)\Avid\AvidMediaComposer\SupportingFiles\Config. Just copy one of the existing lines WITHOUT the semicolon in front, paste it at the end, insert YOUR card and driver info and save.

Hope this helps.

It sure did , Clement thanks again, This info should be pinned.

MC-6.0.5,MB Asus Z87 Expert 1150 ATX,Intel Core i7 4770 3.4 Ghz CPU,32GB Kingston DDR3 Mem.,Samsung 840 250GB SSD,Win 7 Pro SP 1, QT 7.7.3,PNY Quadro K2000... [view my complete system specs]

Regards

Mike

• Tue, Jul 19 2011 1:55 PM In reply to

• hagi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 318
    • Points 4,270

Thanks, I have checked the qualifiedGPU txt and sure the quadro 4000 is there with no semi colon, which means it is supported. I also noticed during the startup that it says qualified card detected, however when I tried to apply a BCC OpenGL effect on a cut, I get this message "Filter Disabled Please click the OpenGL Prefs button in the General Controls parameter group for more information". Ok so when I go to "Video Display Settings" The OpenGL Hardware say " Preview DVE effects with: Quadro 4000/PCI/SSE2" there is an option for software openGL that I selected also but the filter disable is still showing.

So how do I enable this filter so that I can use the BBC openGL

Clement Canino:

Check in the QualifiedGPU text file that the Quadro 4000 is listed along with the driver version you are using. If not copy a line from another listed card, paste it to the bottom of the file and insert your cards info along with the current driver you are using and that you follow the syntax exactly. Make sure the line does not have a semicolon in front of it , that disables the line. Save the file, and restart MC. You should see found qualified GPU messages during startup, and no more errors about open GL. Also make sur hardware open GL is checked off in your preferences under video display.

HP Z800 2.9Ghz(2x) 12GB Ram, Nvidia Quadro FX5800, Camera - HMC150 Media Composer 8.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 19 2011 2:46 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,365

hagi:

So how do I enable this filter so that I can use the BBC openGL

Open up the filter, you should have an open GL settings box somewhere at the top under general and turn on open GL

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Tue, Jul 19 2011 3:10 PM In reply to

• hagi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 318
    • Points 4,270

May be I am being dump or over thinking, but where exactly is the filter to open so that I can enable openGL because I cant see any filter

• Tue, Jul 19 2011 9:40 PM In reply to

IIUC, the BCC OpenGL effect you're using is the filter. "Filter" being another word for "effect." I hope that's clear, or perhaps I've missed something.

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

• Thu, Aug 2 2012 10:02 PM In reply to

Re: Anybody using new nvidia Quadro 4000?

Here is what I´v found at  http://www.nvidia.com/object/avid.html 

You cam see

Many top creative professionals choose Avid Media Composer to help them create the world’s favorite films, TV shows, and other media. The all-new 64-bit Media Composer 6 offers a sleek modern user interface and powerful performance, making great use of NVIDIA Quadro professional graphics GPUs. In addition, the latest release features new stereoscopic 3D tools with support for NVIDIA 3D Vision ProTM, 7.1 surround capabilities, and native support for ProRes, RED EPIC, and AVCHD through AMA (Avid Media Access). This makes it one of the fastest, most versatile tools for professional video editing.

As an editor, you need a system that delivers sufficient power and performance to handle processing-intensive video codecs for file-based workflows. This gives you the creative freedom to experiment and tell a better story. Together, Avid Intelligent Architecture and Quadro GPUs offer you a way to push more work through your system to keep revenues up when budgets are down.

You’ll find Intelligent Architecture built into Avid professional editing system product families, including Symphony, Media Composer, NewsCutter, and Avid DS. All these solutions take advantage of the latest generation of Quadro graphics to provide a level of performance simply not possible using the CPU alone.

The Avid Intelligent Architecture works seamlessly with NVIDIA Quadro GPUs. First, the architecture evaluates the platform configuration, OS, hardware, and GPU capabilities in the system. It then dynamically distributes the processing to the device best suited to the specific task. The task distribution and load balancing takes into account multiple factors, such as resource availability and transfer times between components. And the architecture is built to scale automatically as CPU cores and GPU processing power increase. This means you always get maximum performance, no matter how complex the task.

Avid has qualified and supports NVIDIA GPUs for Avid DS 10 and higher software, and Media Composer 3 and higher software in its product families. With Avid Intelligent Architecture leveraging the power of NVIDIA professional cards, you get the performance, speed, and interaction you need to be successful with Avid professional editing systems.

Check out the performance increase you get when using a single NVIDIA Quadro 4000 GPU over a CPU.1

Design, iterate, and deliver in less time
    The Quadro 4000 is the first professional graphics solution in its class to integrate high-performance computing with advanced visualization, transforming modern workflows. Delivering up to 5x faster performance, the Quadro 4000 professional graphics solution drives a broad range of design, animation and video applications. With Scalable Geometry Engine™ technology, Quadro 4000 can process up to 890 million triangles per second, enabling professionals to design, iterate and deliver higher quality results in less time¹.

Revolutionary Quadro GPU architecture
    Modern applications harness the latest NVIDIA® CUDA™ parallel processing architecture of the Quadro GPU to deliver performance gains up to 8x faster than previous generations when running computationally intensive elements such as ray tracing, video processing and computational fluid dynamics. For mission critical applications, Quadro 4000 features fast 64-bit double precision floating point capabilities to ensure the accuracy of your results. From medical imaging to structural analysis applications, precision is assured without sacrificing performance.

Powering visual supercomputing platform
    Quadro 4000 is not only a graphics processor; it drives an entire visual supercomputing platform, incorporating hardware and software that enables advanced capabilities such as stereoscopic 3D, scalable visualization and 3D high-definition broadcasting.

Supercharged professional applications
    NVIDIA professional software technologies, from CUDA software to application acceleration engines, combined with Quadro, accelerate applications from companies such as Adobe, Autodesk, RTT, Dassault Systemes, Bunkspeed and many more.

IS SOMEONE USING THIS CARD  ?

THANKS A LOT

MARCO

• Fri, Aug 3 2012 1:03 AM In reply to

Re: Anybody using new nvidia Quadro 4000?

Been using one since they were released and have nothing but good experience with it. Other than my first card overheating and self-destructing, the card has been great. Early on you had to edit the certified gpu file, but the card has been certified since.

System 1: HP Z400, 3.20G Quad Core, Quadro 4000, 250G SSD system drive,Windows 7 64, MojoDX w/active hib, 6G ram, Cal Digit VR ESATA Raid, Recommended... [view my complete system specs]
Page 5 of 5 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller