Latest post Sun, Oct 9 2011 11:25 AM by Bernard Lyall. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Aug 29 2010 8:21 PM

• yon1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 15 2006
    • Posts 317
    • Points 4,540

bezier in BCC P&Z

I'm trying to use the BCC pan and zoom. I'm using Bezier to go from key frame to key frame but on the last 2 seconds I want to "hold". I'm using the Transform A work flow.

I understand that the choice to use Bezier applies to all the points on a particular parameter. But isn't there a simple way to hold the last two points. I tried to fiddle with the bezier handles but there is always the drift between the points. Is there a way to do this ?

thanks

MC 5.04 windows 7, Core i7 CPU, MoBo Asus P6X58D , 6GB RAM, Quadro 2000D, 512GB & Raid 0 1TB, [view my complete system specs]

Yonatan

• Sun, Oct 9 2011 11:25 AM In reply to

• Bernard Lyall
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 18 2008
    • London, UK
    • Posts 96
    • Points 1,075
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Re: bezier in BCC P&Z

The drift between the last two points may be because, if you just grab a bezier handle on one side of a keyframe, whatever you do is mirrored on the other side. And since you've adjusted the handles on the penultimate point, you're affecting the motion out of that point in the same way as you've affected the motion into it. The trick is to deal with the two bexier handles differently - essentially you want to shorten / elminate the handle length on the right-hand side of the point.  Using one of the modifiers (alt? ctrl? Can't recall...) will allow you to shorten one handle independantly.

BTW, the 'spline' setting for keyframes doesn't produce this effect, and the motion will be stable between your last two keyframes, if they're identical.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller