Latest post Mon, Aug 16 2010 2:21 PM by Chris Williams. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 16 2010 8:52 AM

• Henk
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 281
    • Points 3,925

Sound suddenly gone

I imported a lot of AVCHD files and put this files on the timeline.

Because there are 6 soundtracks (AVCHD imports from my camera all 6 soundchanels)I tried to remove 4 of the soundfiles.

Did this with deleting a track and if I need it back just did an undo.

Als tried a few other things just to see what happens and always did an undo after that.

Suddenly there was no sound anymore, I still see the waveform but do not hear anything.

Playing a track in the source monitor gives the sound, but from the timeline the sound is gone.

Also the Mute en Solo signs on the right side of the trackname (A1 tm A6) are gone.

Because I still see the waveform the sound must be there, but how can i get it back on the speakers ?

After this problem I exit MC5 and then there was a warning on my screen:

Avid aditor is not working anymore.

Restarting was no problem and this warning is gone now.

Can any of you help me what to do ?

Thanks in advance,

Henk

>>>>Found it: Opened Audio mixer and rightclick on the trackselector button and select Enable Track Monitoring ...and the sound was there again.Big Smile

Recom Powerstation black with Recom Pro Engine M850 Power/ Processor Intel Core i7 920,s1366 2,66Mhz QPI/ Memory = 2 x 3 x 2Gb (total 12Gb)/ 2 HD 750Gb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 16 2010 2:21 PM In reply to

Re: Sound suddenly gone

Happened to me too!  Thanks for the quick fix!!!

Chris

Windows XP Pro SP3 3.25 GB RAM 2TB & 500GB Pentium(R) D 3.0 GHZ Graphics: Nvidia Audio: Creative SB Audigy 4 Media Composer 5,Sorenson Squeeze, Avid... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller