Latest post Wed, Aug 18 2010 8:08 AM by luca.mg. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 13 2010 9:19 AM

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,610
    • Points 65,805

Why oh why You do not notify?

Happy purchaser of an MC 3.5 to 4 upgrade (with the free upgrade to 5 when released), I later bought an MC 4 to 5 upgrade for another system of mine. So what? Exploring my Avid account I discovered that with each purchase on the Avid online store I was entitled to a discount on the next one... Avid, why oh why You did not notify me this great information instead of hiding it in my order history? I would have certainly used the discount coupon if I only knew it existed! Moreover, I would have done some additional shopping, if I only wasn't so disappointed for not being notified of the coupon. Item purchasing on the Avid online shop involves a bunch of emails from Avid, be it order confirmation, dongle/serial info, successful registration confirmation, and such; why oh why none of the many emails from Avid was mentioning the coupon?!? This is yet another one of the very weird Avid marketing misterious policies: purchasing incentives that should be widely advertised are kept deeply buried in my Avid account, well hidden in a page were noone really normally goes to, unless the package is not delivered, I just happened to go there because of a malfunction of my Avid account discussed in another thread.

Avid, with the lost savings on my purchase I could have had a nice dinner with my wife, or a pizza dinner for the all family; with the additional savings on the next purchase (which I never did as previously stated because too upset with the company), dinner or pizza evenings would have doubled: You'll have to email me with a couple of discount coupons for my favourite pizza house (don't hide them in my Avid account please)!

Don't know why I'm posting this here as 1) there are no replies since february and 2) previous replies were not that satisfactory, both of these issues highlighted in other Chat with Avid threads, but surely I had to get this off my chest.

A nice week end to anyone who's been kind enough to read this all Big Smile.

Symphony 2018.12.3, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Sat, Aug 14 2010 5:47 AM In reply to

• TVJohn
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Bayonne NJ
    • Posts 4,332
    • Points 53,555

Re: Why oh why You do not notify?

Ouch-Nothing like the "personal touch". (pinch)

That is exactly the sort of treatment that can negate the good works that are accomplished by most company employees.

i believe the Avis Store business is handled by an outside vendor, but the name says "Avid Store", so one would advise better oversight from the mothership.

Keeping longtime customers cared for is Business 101 (in the old school)

Dell Display U2713HM(2560x1440), AMD FX8350 8core, AMD 990FX mobo, 32gig-DDR3-1600, Quadro K620/GTX260/core 216, Audigy2zs, 1TB SSD system drive, 2TB SATA... [view my complete system specs]

Using MC 8.4. Avid FX6.4, Vegas Pro 15/ DVD Architect 6pro, DVDit6.4proHD, CCE Basic, TmpGe Express4, TmpGe Authoring Works 4, DVDLab-Studio. Sony EX-1R, Canon XH-A1, GL2, GL1, Canon EOS 60D

• Sun, Aug 15 2010 7:45 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,610
    • Points 65,805

The Avid online shop may be managed by a third party, but the coupons are issued by Avid, and the after purchase emails are coming from Avid as well... now the problem is that these discount coupons have an expiring date, my next Avid purchase, if any, will be with the next release, when the coupons will be unusable (I was going to buy the production bundle but I won't as a form of protest); I think the company should extend the usability of the hidden/secret/classified coupons to a couple of months after the release of MC 6 for all of the customers who bought more than one product from the Avid web store without using the undisclosed coupon.

Symphony 2018.12.3, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Sun, Aug 15 2010 9:23 AM In reply to

luca.mg:
    Exploring my Avid account I discovered that with each purchase on the Avid online store I was entitled to a discount on the next one... Avid, why oh why You did not notify me this great information instead of hiding it in my order history?

Another display of a marketing team that keeps having trouble getting it right..... sad!

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Mon, Aug 16 2010 8:41 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,610
    • Points 65,805

Yes Jeroen, this is my point, but, also, I believe the company should extend the duration of the unused coupons: if they pay for their mistakes perhaps will not make mistakes the next time.

peace luca

• Tue, Aug 17 2010 2:46 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,606
    • Points 223,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Luca,

Good point.... and well put.  I am passing this along to the web store folks as this is clearly an area of improvement.  I think the Back Order issue is being resolved so if we are out or the price changes you can place a BO... not sure when that will come to fruition but they have it HIGH on the list.

Let me see what they say to this one....

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Aug 18 2010 8:08 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,610
    • Points 65,805

Marianna:

Luca,

Good point.... and well put.

WOW!

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller