Latest post Wed, May 4 2011 1:51 PM by Jasper Quispel. 90 replies.
Page 5 of 7 (91 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Dec 19 2010 2:47 PM In reply to

Re: OUT OF MEMORY

i have exact the same problems. I have to restart the application every 10 to 15 minutes due to the memory leak. this slows down my editing speed an it is very embarrasing when I have clients in my editing suite. 

I don't understand why Avid is not updating the community about the progress in solving the problem ?!?

Avid Mediacomposer 5.5.3. with MacOS 10.7 on a MacPro 2x2.66GHz QuadCore Intel Xeon 12Gb RAM with Matrox Mini [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jan 2 2011 3:55 PM In reply to

• Mary Jimenez
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 12 2009
    • Bruxelles
    • Posts 22
    • Points 280

I am running OUT OF MEMORY as many others in this forum. Critical with Matrox on.

What are we supposed to do? Install a patch ? or this issue has NOT been solved YET?

MC5.03 - Mac nehalem 8 kors - 8GB RAM - AVID mojo SDI - Matrox mini.

Mac OS 10.6.6 - Nehalen 8 cores - AVID MC 7 - 6GB - MOJO SDI - MATROX mini [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Sun, Jan 2 2011 9:51 PM In reply to

• TVPROD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 3 2010
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 25
    • Points 405

Try the new MC UPDATE (5.0.3.7). We had your problem, it is solved now with this version.

Regards,

William.

(5.0.3.7 and Mxo2 mini too)

Avid Media Composer and Symphony on MACS (5.5, 6) with Mojos and Blackmagic cards / Caldigit SAS storage / Resolve for grading [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jan 2 2011 10:09 PM In reply to

Be advised that the current version of patch 5.0.3.7 has broken the copy to clipboard function. You may want to wait a couple more days for the revised 5.0.3.7 to be posted.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, Jan 5 2011 6:14 PM In reply to

• Patbono
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 15 2010
    • Montreal
    • Posts 12
    • Points 190

I installed the new patch 5.0.3.7r and it still doing the out of memory problem !! The readme file specify that it fixes the out of memory problem with the MX02. I don't know if its the case but with the mojo SDI, it still doing the problem. While I do some regular editing operation, the memory climb slowly and never go down even with a clear bin memory.  I'm able to recreate the problem within 15 minutes with a test sequence. I cloned my disk and installed 4.0.5.13 on this other boot disk and tried with the same sequence and medias and the problem does not reproduce. In this case, I don't really need V5 features, so I will stay at V4 but in some other cases, I need it. Really, Avid should fix this issue soon.

• Wed, Jan 5 2011 6:17 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,173
    • Points 23,315

it is 5.0.3.7r  not 5 r unless you have a hybred

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Wed, Jan 5 2011 7:32 PM In reply to

• Patbono
    • Not Ranked
    • Montreal
    • Posts 12
    • Points 190

Tom Pearson:

it is 5.0.3.7r  not 5 r unless you have a hybred

Right, edited my post.

• Wed, Jan 5 2011 8:01 PM In reply to

I installed this update (5.0.3.7r) today, but still had the memory error. Working with a MX02 mini...

Mac Pro late 2013 3,5 Ghz 6-Core, 64Gb, OSX 10.10.5, Avid MC 8.4, Blackmagic Ultrastudio Express Macbook Pro retina 2012 15 inch i7, 16Gb, OSX 10.10.5... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 5 2011 8:25 PM In reply to

• conleec
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 1,320
    • Points 17,065

I don't think this has anything to do with Matrox or no Matrox, because I could make it do it in a software only environment. I feel it has something to do with the effect editing being modified to ALWAYS be advanced keyframe; because the memory for me climbs when doing heavy FX editing on the timeline.

Chris

MacPro 3.33Ghz 12 Core (Westmere, MacPro 5,1), 48Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 680, Intensity Pro (Desktop Video 10.4.3), OS X 10.13.6, MC 2018.12 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 5 2011 8:54 PM In reply to

At first the patch didn't work for me either. But then I uninstalled Avid, installed Os 10.6.5 and afterwards the newest Matroxdriver. Then I installed the patch again and since them my memory leak is sealed!

Avid Mediacomposer 5.5.3. with MacOS 10.7 on a MacPro 2x2.66GHz QuadCore Intel Xeon 12Gb RAM with Matrox Mini [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 5 2011 9:07 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,618
    • Points 223,315
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hi Chris,

I know engineering is still working on memory related code to optimize the editing software.  Some fixes were implemented in a few of the 5.0.3.x patches so what version are you on now?

Could you email me off line and give me the rough steps you take in order to reproduce the Out of Memory on your Mac? 

Happy New Year BTW

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Jan 5 2011 9:10 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,618
    • Points 223,315
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

You might be on to somethign here.....   I havent installed the latest Matrox driver so let me check with engineering on this......

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Jan 5 2011 9:50 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,618
    • Points 223,315
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Patbono:

I installed the new patch 5.0.3.7r and it still doing the out of memory problem !! The readme file specify that it fixes the out of memory problem with the MX02. I don't know if its the case but with the mojo SDI, it still doing the problem. While I do some regular editing operation, the memory climb slowly and never go down even with a clear bin memory.  I'm able to recreate the problem within 15 minutes with a test sequence. I cloned my disk and installed 4.0.5.13 on this other boot disk and tried with the same sequence and medias and the problem does not reproduce. In this case, I don't really need V5 features, so I will stay at V4 but in some other cases, I need it. Really, Avid should fix this issue soon.

Patbono.....

I’m confused. You report that Mojo SDI causes the out of memory but then says you installed the latest Matrix driver.   Are you saying that the new Matrox driver fixed the Mojo SDI out of memory problem?

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Thu, Jan 6 2011 7:45 AM In reply to

• Patbono
    • Not Ranked
    • Montreal
    • Posts 12
    • Points 190

Marianna:

Patbono:

Patbono.....

I’m confused. You report that Mojo SDI causes the out of memory but then says you installed the latest Matrix driver.   Are you saying that the new Matrox driver fixed the Mojo SDI out of memory problem?

Marianna

Hi Marianna. Sorry if you are confused, but I did not said I installed the matrox driver!? Was talking about avid version, that the problem does not reproduce with avid 4.0.5 with the same medias and sequence. Or you mixed me with someone else.

• Thu, Jan 6 2011 9:28 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Jasper Quispel:

I installed this update (5.0.3.7r) today, but still had the memory error. Working with a MX02 mini...

Jasper, I noticed that you are using a 15" MBP , how do you have your Matrox Mini connected, there aren´t any EX slot on the 15 " version     only on the 17 " version from what I know 

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

Page 5 of 7 (91 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller