Latest post Fri, Aug 6 2010 10:28 PM by Zac Hogle. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 6 2010 9:51 PM

DNX185 @1080i....will this only display on....

Help...i am not an Avid Editor, but a sound designer, working at a facility that has a spare avid in a back room. Setting up a session for client who has shot xd. We transcoded it for avid and imported into a 1080i50 session using DNX185. Can this be displayed on  a standard Adrenaline SDI output or does it need the Adrenaline HD with an HD preview monitor. I am sure we have an HD Adrenaline Expansion.....do i  need that hooked up???

On an MC 3.5.9

Help the idiot please!

Filed under: , , ,
  • Fri, Aug 6 2010 10:28 PM In reply to

• Zac Hogle
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 30 2010
    • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    • Posts 788
    • Points 9,745

Re: DNX185 @1080i....will this only display on....

My solution will probably depend on what version of MC you are using, do you know which you have?

If your project is HD (found in the format tab in the project window) then you will need to hook up an HD-SDI output to monitor through. However, if your project is SD you only need a standard SDI output.

If you brought your footage in HD and are in an HD project, but are without an HD-SDI output, change your project format to SD. The footage should still play realtime downconverted through a standard SD-SDI output.

Z

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller