Latest post Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:40 PM by devin@take5. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 4 2010 3:19 PM

Media Composer 5 MATROX mini sync?

Hi I have media Composer 5 a Matrox Mini and a HD TV(HDMI).

The audio seems to be 2 or 3 frames out. Does anyone have any ideas about ajustion the delay?

Ive tried the desktop delay but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks

• Wed, Aug 4 2010 9:32 PM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,541
    • Points 64,320
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Media Composer 5 MATROX mini sync?

The desktop delay won't make any difference.  It's for DV stuff.

More than likely the delay is being caused by your HDMI TV set processing the image.  I've got my MXO2 Mini feeding a Sony Bravia monitor and I'm getting a 2 frame delay on the picture unless I use the audio output from the back of the set. Based on tests, the audio output on my set has a 2 frame delay to match the picture processing and everything is in sync.  Alternately, most higher end HDMI audio receivers have an adjustable delay that can be used to get the sound and picture to line up.

And chances are that using analog signals will result in similar or longer differences between the picture and sound.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Wed, Aug 4 2010 10:28 PM In reply to

• Marty
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 3 2005
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 943
    • Points 11,035

that's why we need a setting like "desktop play delay" for the frame latency of LCD's as a feature request, I think.

all different setups in various editing suites. my own: MC 2018.2, OSX 10.12.6, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 40GB RAM, Radeon... [view my complete system specs]

www.film-editing.de

• Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:40 PM In reply to

good thoughts, I ended up going componet out of the matrox into a 5.1 sterio reciever and then back out to the TV, which delayed the audio enought to get sync close enough.

thanks

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller