Latest post Wed, Sep 22 2010 10:16 PM by CHVIDEO. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 31 2010 5:21 PM

• Lowell
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 9 2010
    • Posts 25
    • Points 325

Audio Plays, Video Doesn't

I'm having an issue with the MC 5.0 trial that just started today after two weeks of working almost perfectly.

The issue is this - if I turn off my audio tracks, my video plays back just fine.  If I turn them on, the video is frozen while the audio plays back.  If I let audio play and then stop it, the position on the timeline does not update (I saw another issue on the forums in which the timeline position does update, so wanted to clarify).

I can scroll through the video and it reacts normally, too.  It is only when I am playing the video at normal speed with audio that there is a problem.  This is true on both my timeline and as a stand alone clip.

Any ideas what I might have done to deserve this?  The sequence is standard def PAL.  I'm on a Mac Pro 10.6.3 with the MC 5.0 trial.  

Again, I've used the trial for two weeks without having seen this problem before.

• Sat, Jul 31 2010 5:29 PM In reply to

Re: Audio Plays, Video Doesn't

Lowell:

The problem you are describing is almost always traced back to an unqualified graphics card, incorrect driver version, or both. For your reference, here is the MC version matrix. It's not at all uncommon for unsupported hardware to work initially, and then develop a serious problem down the road. Also for your reference, here are the Composer system requirements.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sat, Jul 31 2010 6:00 PM In reply to

• Lowell
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 9 2010
    • Posts 25
    • Points 325

Thank you, Larry.  So it looks like I may need a GT 120.

Let me ask you - on the Mac Specs for MC 5.0 sheet, it says in the notes next to my computer "Requires MC/Symphony Software 3.5".  I've only ever had the MC 5.0 trial.  Is this referring to someone who is upgrading or is this something else I need to seek out?

• Sat, Jul 31 2010 6:06 PM In reply to

Some of those notes and comments on the configuration page are out dated. Ignore those, except for ones that indicate any non-support. I'll drop a note to Avid that these need to be updated or removed.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, Aug 1 2010 12:05 AM In reply to

• Ixchiguan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 26 2007
    • Wilmington, DE
    • Posts 16
    • Points 180

I am having a different problem with MC 5.0.2

I use the AMA Volume function and the AVID successfully locates and lists (in a bin) the XDCAM EX clips. The problem is that the clips that are short (no "clip transits") play fine. All of the clips that have "clip transits" in them play only audio and no video. if I pause the playing of the clip, the video re-appears in the source window.

Any ideas about how to address This? 

Thanks,

Symphony/MC 8.4.2, Nitris DX, Intel MAC 12-Core,64GB RAM, EVGA 980 TI Graphics Card, Firmtek e-sata drive housings (4 x 5 drives each) with Firmtek 6G... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Aug 1 2010 12:11 AM In reply to

Michael:

I think the best way to proceed is for you to create a new thread, title it "Problem with clip transits in MC 5.0.2". Describe your problem there, and that subject header will attract people who can assist you. We try to keep threads here on a single topic. Thanks for your cooperation.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, Aug 1 2010 12:13 AM In reply to

• Ixchiguan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 26 2007
    • Wilmington, DE
    • Posts 16
    • Points 180

Thanks Larry......will do.

Mike

Symphony/MC 8.4.2, Nitris DX, Intel MAC 12-Core,64GB RAM, EVGA 980 TI Graphics Card, Firmtek e-sata drive housings (4 x 5 drives each) with Firmtek 6G... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 22 2010 10:16 PM In reply to

• CHVIDEO
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 22 2010
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Re: Audio Plays, Video Doesn't EX 1r files

Different variation of the problem.  New MAcbook Pro system w V5 MC.  EX1r XDCam captured in the field. Sony XDCAM clip broser used to xfer and archive files.  .mov files created.  They link and play as AMA files, but when I went to try import them asDNxHD or as native XDCam files, the audio plays but I get a black screen for video.  I get an error message when I try to play the raw file in Quicktime player too.

Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} I was told to get a utility from Calibrated software. Any thoughts?

Mike

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller