Latest post Tue, Jul 27 2010 11:43 AM by kd-53. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jul 25 2010 10:10 PM

• kd-53
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 28 2010
    • Duesseldorf, Germany
    • Posts 23
    • Points 310

Marquee: Duration of a title

Hi, I (newbie, coming from Liquid, non professional) have a problem with Marquee. I studied the tutorial/manual but I cannot find my mistake: When I prepare a title in Marquee and define a duration of 5 or 10 seconds (also checked in the timeline), the title in MC always lasts 2 minutes. That is not really a problem because I can set an in and out mark and that’s it. But it IS a problem with a rolling title. I can do what I want but the title always lasts 5 minutes. What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance Klaus-Dieter
    Mobo: Asus Z270-A, i7-7700K, 32GB Ram, Win 10 Prof 64, GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB Ram, BM Intensity Pro 4K, MC 2018.8, BCC11, 2 x 24" monitors, Sony... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 26 2010 12:50 AM In reply to

• MAC HOLLAND
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 9 2006
    • Holland Landing Ontario
    • Posts 740
    • Points 9,305

Re: Marquee: Duration of a title

I have had a similar problem. I reset the duration of the clip after some editing was already done, then redited the key frames and tracks, and added additonal text etc.

When saved all to bin, the orginal clip length wa al I could see, and the rest of the clip was blank. I tried several times, saved several ways, reset and reched the times etc. 

I ended up re-creating that clip from scratch and have not figured out why I had that problem.

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 4.08 Asus P6T6 WS Revolution Intel X58 LGA1366 Motherboard Intel Core i7 920 Processor BX80601920 - 2.66GHz, LGA 1366, 4.8GT/s QPI... [view my complete system specs]

MAC HOLLAND
    YORK REGION - ONTARIO

• Tue, Jul 27 2010 10:37 AM In reply to

• kd-53
    • Not Ranked
    • Duesseldorf, Germany
    • Posts 23
    • Points 310

Thank you for your info. Does nobody have an idea, who to solve my issue? Best regards Klaus-Dieter
    Mobo: Asus Z270-A, i7-7700K, 32GB Ram, Win 10 Prof 64, GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB Ram, BM Intensity Pro 4K, MC 2018.8, BCC11, 2 x 24" monitors, Sony... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 27 2010 11:02 AM In reply to

Hi,

Static (non-moving) titles, whether originated in Marqee or in the Title Tool, always have a duration of 2 minutes (I don't know why).  You then mark whatever duration you like from the source monitor and edit it into the timeline.

For animated titles in Marquee, you set a duration in Marquee and the resulting animated title should have the same duration.  If it's not working, I'd suggest having a look at the free Marquee tutorial on this link:

http://learn.avid.com/content/tutorials/

It covers all aspects of Marqee, and I found it exceptionally helpful.

For rolling/crawling titles made in the Title Tool, after creating the title, mark the entire title from in to out in the source monitor, then mark whatever duration you want in the timeline and edit the title into the timeline.  The speed of the roll/crawl is determined by the duration in the timeline, so if your title is too fast, mark a longer duration in the timeline; if it is too slow, mark a shorter duration in the timeline.

Hope that helps.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2019.8 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Jul 27 2010 11:43 AM In reply to

• kd-53
    • Not Ranked
    • Duesseldorf, Germany
    • Posts 23
    • Points 310

Hi Carl, thank you, yes that helped: /You then mark whatever duration you like from the source monitor and edit it into the timeline./ As I said in my first question I did it exact in this way. /then mark whatever duration you want in the timeline and edit the title into the timeline. The speed of the roll/crawl is determined by the duration in the timeline/ That is "the trick" and that was not clear for me. I always did a three point eding or I did it in the same way as above and that of course was not the solution. I studied the tutorial before starting with Marquee and I also found it extreme helpful. Best regards Klaus-Dieter
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller