Latest post Fri, Sep 9 2016 10:22 PM by Isaac T.. 174 replies.
Page 11 of 12 (175 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 6 2012 7:23 PM In reply to

• Bad_Jason
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 16 2011
    • Posts 18
    • Points 230

Re: SWDC_CodecInterface_Task::Execute() CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILURE ERROR

Bump.

Same here.  The sequence has been playing fine all week, then I come in this morning and get this error in random places on the timeline.  

I thought maybe it was corrupted pre-compute, cleared the renders/title media, re-rendered.... and again the error pops up at a different spot on the timeline.

I've tried that process (reboot, clear renders, re-render) 4 times like a crazy man, no luck.

Oh, and now that I've ripped the bug off the top most video track... all of the 3rds and effects below won't render.  The render bar stops after a few seconds and leaves everything unrendered.

I'm going to try opeing it on another seat once one becomes available.  In the meantime, any help would be AMAZING!

Certified Syst Specs:

MC Nitris 5.5

Win 7

Isis/Interplay

• Thu, Sep 6 2012 7:45 PM In reply to

• Kevin Sio
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Syracuse, NY
    • Posts 358
    • Points 4,580

Here's an update to my situation, perhaps it will help others.  After struggling with this error and a number of others I was able to finally deduce, with the help of the drive manufacturer (G Tech) and my system integrator, that a failing hard drive array was causing the problems.  I took the array out of service, purchased a similar drive (from G Tech) and all my drive access errors and constant lock-ups and crashing have gone away.

Kevin

HP-xw8600-Media Composer 4.0.2-G-Tech G Speed Pro XLT [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 23 2012 12:44 PM In reply to

Hi,

The drive disconnecting mid scan is mysterious but as for your error message I think I may have the answer. When this happens at my work, its just a case of putting an in and out point over sections of the sequence and then clicking the 'play in to out' button in the viewing monitor. If there is a corrupt clip within that section it will stop playing immediately and then you can narrow down which clip it is. Hope this helps.

Ben.

• Mon, Dec 17 2012 9:25 AM In reply to

• md_jamil
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 79
    • Points 1,175

I had this error and this is what was causing it.

We recently had a teem comming from US. they were recording 1920x1080PSF/25P DNXHD 185X on sound devices external recorder. I bring the meterial in throug AMA and look at clip resolutions. They were all showing as DNXHD 185X 1820x1080i I told cameraman that he was shooting interlaced not progressive, He showed me all the meterial on his recorder and it was showing progressive. I thought it was just a flag which AVID MC6.0.0 was  misinterpretting. I opened a 1929x1080P project and tried to transcode all the clips but after every 5 or 6 clips system stoped with this error. I did everthing suggested in this thread, nothing worked.

Lastly I started a 1920X1080i project and tried to transcode all the clips in one go, clips imported without any error.

• Fri, Jun 21 2013 5:31 AM In reply to

• Ssnygg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 11 2006
    • Allentown PA
    • Posts 347
    • Points 4,155

I'm still having this problem  In the last scene of a feature, there are no effects.  The footage plays fine in the preview monitor.  The footage plays fine if dropped into a new timeline.  But in the timeline that's there, it pops up an erroar about every second.

I tried rendering some of the effects that are nearby and it says, "19 effects to render" and then when I click ok, it doesn't render them.

I was running 5.5.3.4 when I first spotted the problem and just patched to 5.5.3.7 in the hopes that it would sole the problem.

Ideas?

I have several systems. 1-Media Composer ver 7 1-Media Composer 8.8.4 1-mac Express 2.2 AB/VB Targa set up The computers I use include: 1-Intel core i7... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 21 2013 5:45 AM In reply to

• Ssnygg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Allentown PA
    • Posts 347
    • Points 4,155

Media is on a firewire 800 external raid array.

Just noticed a weird thing.... when you put in and out points at the beginning and ends of a clip, the I/O at the top of the record monitor says that the 5 second 25 frame clip is actually 18 minutes, 27 seconds and 11 frames.  Similar discrepencies popped up for other clips.

Any ideas?

I have several systems. 1-Media Composer ver 7 1-Media Composer 8.8.4 1-mac Express 2.2 AB/VB Targa set up The computers I use include: 1-Intel core i7... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 21 2013 5:46 AM In reply to

• Ssnygg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Allentown PA
    • Posts 347
    • Points 4,155

I mean clip that's already on the timeline, not clips that are in the preview window that work fine.

• Wed, Jun 26 2013 9:40 AM In reply to

Hi friends,

I had solved it! Juist change resolution to another one (not DV) is ok!

Hope this is usefull!

Nguyen Ngoc Duc

• Thu, Nov 13 2014 5:49 AM In reply to

I'm fighting this problem, I've done a clean install of MC7 to no effect plus updated the Nvida driver to the latest version. still no good. However. another editor with pretty much the same type of  Win7 machine has been editing with the same material all day with no problems. I've narrowed the issue down to a few shots from a Canon C300 but it causing no problems on the other machine nore is it an issue on my laptop running V6.0 The shots that cause the crash in my main machine work perfectly on these 2 machines and it seems that FCP also has no issues with the shot.

Even if I import the suspect MXF file and fast forward/reverse over the shot known to crash the system after a while this imported version also crashes.

David Milner FCPP Melb Au

• Thu, Nov 13 2014 11:48 PM In reply to

After 4 days of fighting the CORE_CONSISTENCY error I've finally found the reason. It is a corrupted file, the worse thing is that once one file has produced this error all other files do likewise. You can avoid a restart of the whole Avid  program by going to the INFO tab of the project window and choose Close Bin Memory which closes the bins and on reopening the none corrupt files play ok. (info Tab also shows what codecs are installed)

In my case the problem was caused by files being corrupted while being transfered from a MAC disk to my PC. This was even the case if I imported the files rather than AMA link from the MAC disk or the copy.

I only finally locked down the reason by having media that was working on another PC Avid transfered to my machine. Files that had failed despite every try including a total reinstall of Avid 7 worked perfectly from then on.

Maybe a reinstall of MacDrive could help I've not tried this.

I hope this helps someone out there as it's cost me a job and 4 sleepless nights.

David
    FCPP Melbourne

• Fri, Nov 14 2014 2:20 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,626
    • Points 18,635

finecutpost:
    Maybe a reinstall of MacDrive could help I've not tried this.

I hope this helps someone out there as it's cost me a job and 4 sleepless nights.

David
    FCPP Melbourne

Have you updated MAcDrive to the latest version (there's been some pretty big upgrades)? If not don't bother. HFS+ for windows is cheaper and works well - it doesn't support some of the advanced features of Macdrive like formatting but you can't argue with the price..

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/hfs-windows/

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Sun, Jul 5 2015 8:54 AM In reply to

I also had the feeling that this problem occured to a bad dessolve. I had a timeline with so many dissolves it would take ages to locate which one was corrupted. What I did, I made that all the transitions have to be rendered again (f.ex. with a small correction and delete it again). I re-rendered and the problem dissapeared. Thank you Bruce, you made me see that the problem was in the dissolves :)

Maarten

• Tue, Oct 13 2015 2:32 PM In reply to

Hi,

this error occured to me now repeatly.

It is out of Resolve 11 sequence with a dissolve and maybe a slowmo effects, but not on the failing video clips (yes it is multiple clips in timeline) so I do not think it matters. It originates in Avid MC 8.2.3 on Mac, but I ussually add a few edits so I have to generate new aaf in Resolve. 

It gets fixed by new render in Resolve. Reimport aaf does not help. I am on NMP OSX 10.10.5. Anyone experiencing something similar?

I get in Console this:

DecodeFrame error: HDCODEC Error Non HD Format

Exception caught in APlayer::Play - Exception: CORE_CONSISTENCY_CHECK_FAILURE, className:SWDC_CodecInterface_Task, methodName:Execute, mDecodeResult:2

FileDebugDump - bad sample: 65, length: 606208 bytes, starting offset: 0x25f4000 in file: /Volumes/material/avid mediafiles/mxf/asistent01.25/v1-0029_150918_162v01.d23f0561940c3.mxf

Exception caught in APlayer::Play - Exception Exception: std::exception, what:std::exception raised Quiescing in the exception handlerException:

@ Tue Oct 13 15:43:19 2015

• SWDC_CodecInterface_Task::Execute()

CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILURE !?! : [<idNum>]

Genlock status set to 'Freerun'

FileDebugDump - bad sample: 65, length: 606208 bytes, starting offset: 0x25f4000 in file: /Volumes/material/avid mediafiles/mxf/asistent01.25/v1-0029_150918_162v01.d23f0561940c3.mxf

Exception caught in APlayer::Play - Exception: CORE_CONSISTENCY_CHECK_FAILURE, className:SWDecodeCvtr, methodName:ExecuteRequest, mLastCodecError.lastError:36

Exception:

@ Tue Oct 13 15:54:53 2015

• SWDecodeCvtr::ExecuteRequest()

CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILURE !?! : [<idNum>]

Decode frame failed.

CChannel: error: CMError_Codec, function Execute, line 250, internal codec error string: HDCODEC Error Non HD Format

DecodeFrame error: HDCODEC Error Non HD Format

• Thu, Oct 29 2015 12:45 PM In reply to

Living this nightmare right now...

• Thu, Oct 29 2015 12:56 PM In reply to

To me helped to reexport AAF using generate new aaf  (even if the original AAF already have been exported that way - some AAF are corrupted, but not the renderes video files). Also it does happen only if I have more than 1 timeline in the project.

more can be found on blackmagic forum https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17301 

Page 11 of 12 (175 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller