Latest post Fri, Sep 9 2016 10:22 PM by Isaac T.. 174 replies.
Page 8 of 12 (175 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Dec 26 2010 2:31 PM In reply to

• jeffmurray
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 25 2006
    • Glasgow United Kingdom
    • Posts 72
    • Points 920

Re: SWDC_CodecInterface_Task::Execute() CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILURE ERROR

Hmm thats not good.  I solved it by re-importing the video.  I did read that there were problems like this with AMA imports. 

So I went back to the old way of 'importing'.  Also have gone back to rendering each scene one at a time.

My problem is with a long timeline (3.15) and I have 25 mins where I tilted one camera putting the flash on.  So I have rotated it in FX 3 degrees and am re-rendering the scenes - the error was occurring on export to QT ref.

So I have reimported the footage (traditional way not using AMA). 

Am rendering the 25 mins scene by scene (~5mins at a time) before export.  Hope it works.

PS: I am on a PC so its not related to the operating system.

Regards

Jeff

Homebuilt PC based on videoguys DIY 7. Asus P6X58-E, Intel Core i7 950, Nvidia Quadro FX1800, 1TB Adaptec SATA Raid. [view my complete system specs]

Regards Jeff

• Sun, Dec 26 2010 7:08 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,668
    • Points 223,940
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hey there dorough....

Marianna here....  While I can't get you an answer today I can promise to look into 1. why your case was closed and reopen it as well as b. find out from engineering what the status is of this issue. 

Could you send me an email off forum ( marianna.montague@avid.com) and let me kn ow what name your case was under.  I searched the database this am and one Jeff Nurray came up but it was the UK and associated with a different account name.  I want to make sure I get the right case before I start the witch hunt to see what happened.

I am out in the am Monday the 27th but back in the evening and will be looking for your response.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Sun, Dec 26 2010 11:00 PM In reply to

One of the many things that causes this error is having effects on your timeline that are from previous effects suite versions that are no longer available in avid for what ever reason.  Just one of the 3400 reason I haven't seen posted yet.

• Thu, Jan 6 2011 7:11 AM In reply to

• CMumford
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 10 2010
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

I just got this error on my Windows 7 system as well. 

Video and audio were converted into MXF on import to MC5.0.3 (not AMA). Two tracks of video and five audio running simultaneously at point of crash.

I worked with this footage all day and had no trouble.  The only effect in the timeline is a dissolve and it is literally minutes away from the point where I had the error pop up and stop playback.

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit / Avid Media Composer 6.0 / Pro Tools 8 LE / ASRock X58 Extreme LGA 1366 Intel ATX Intel Motherboard / Intel Core... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Feb 13 2011 5:44 PM In reply to

This error occurs on about half of the AVCHD clips I have imported to my eSATA external RAID box.  If I import these same clips to my internal drive, they play without error.  Something about the eSATA connection must be corrupting the files.  My RAID box also has a USB 3.0 connection.  I've ordered a USB 3.0 PCIe card, and will report later on whether the errors still occur using USB 3.0.

--
    Michael

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony | OS X 10.14.6 | iMac 2017 (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 | 40 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 | TerraMaster 16TB external... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 23 2011 11:34 AM In reply to

• Paddywack
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Winchester, England.
    • Posts 299
    • Points 3,490

Still getting this error with MC v5.5 - DVPAL footage imported via AMA and then consolidtaed to MXF on Win7 64bit. Footage on Firewire800.

Only solution seems to be to reimport footage using old fashioned method.

Media Composer V8.8 MX02LE running Win 10 Pro 64bit on PC 12 core 3.5Ghz HP z820 with 120Gb memory, NVidia K5000 with 6Tb Sata plus Apple MacPro 15"... [view my complete system specs]

Paddywack Productions Ltd. Freelance editing in the UK

• Wed, Feb 23 2011 2:13 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,345

Paddywack:

Still getting this error with MC v5.5 -

Nick, you might be posting this to the uncorrect forum, at least uncorrect for about one more month ... Smile

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Wed, Feb 23 2011 3:18 PM In reply to

Michael Ray Brown:
    I've ordered a USB 3.0 PCIe card, and will report later on whether the errors still occur using USB 3.0.

Since switching over from eSATA to USB 3.0, this error has not occurred.  Apparently it's related to an I/O issue with Avid on my system.

--
    Michael

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony | OS X 10.14.6 | iMac 2017 (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 | 40 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 | TerraMaster 16TB external... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 25 2011 9:56 PM In reply to

• Carlos
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 10 2009
    • Garrido
    • Posts 25
    • Points 335

Hello. Recently, work all day yesterday in the MC5, and move to another pc to move the program to tape me throwing this error: SWDC_CodecInterface_Task:: Execute () Consistency Checker FAILURE !?!:[< IDNUM>] I had no idea that was going on, I read this forum but found no answer. Today I got to review recently captured material, and everything worked perfectly. reassembled pieces where this error came out with the same material and magically capture the bug disappeared. Do not see the sense in this, but it was so. Just wanted to share my experience because I saw many hypotheses for why this error. If someone has a logical explanation would appreciate it. And if someone does my contribution, it's all yours

• Sun, Mar 13 2011 7:26 PM In reply to

• jeffmurray
    • Not Ranked
    • Glasgow United Kingdom
    • Posts 72
    • Points 920

I made some more progress on this issue today. 

I haven't had the error for while, but it cropped up again.

I am working with H.264 files from a Canon 5D Mark ii, and Canon 7D.  The 7D files are 720p at 50 fps. 

I've upgraded to MC5.5 hoping it would help. 

The error started to occur again after trying to mixdown and transcode with files that had been AMA linked.  Later it occurred as I was using the wrong import resolution DNxHD175 x.  I learned Canon H.264 files are 8 bit and not 10 so this was the wrong choice.

Re-importing the files in DNxHD 120 and DNxHD175 has resolved the problem.

Hope this helps some people - now I'll try the AMA with the correct resolution.

Homebuilt PC based on videoguys DIY 7. Asus P6X58-E, Intel Core i7 950, Nvidia Quadro FX1800, 1TB Adaptec SATA Raid. [view my complete system specs]

Regards Jeff

• Mon, Apr 11 2011 4:22 PM In reply to

• MikePoglitsch
    • Not Ranked
    • Naperville, IL
    • Posts 183
    • Points 2,425

For what its worth....Im getting this problem capturing DV411 via firewire.  There are no effects in the sequence, I cant even hit "L" two or three times to scrub to the outcue without the problem occurring.  This is on a brand new Z400 with 5.038 installed (64 bit) Win 7 machine.

I bit the bullet and spent $200 to get a service code for tech support.  I spoke to someone on Friday to told me this should have been resolved with 5038, but instead upgrade to 5.5.1 with a temp code that he gave.  I still have the problem....and now 800-800-AVID phone support will not accept my access code- so Im totally screwed.  Client all over me for deadlines and I can not get anyone at Avid to contact me back and/or find a solution.

2 Avids: Z400 Win 7 - 12GB RAM, BlackMagic Intensity Pro, z400 Win 7 Matrox MXO2 Mini 12GB RAM Both trying to run MC 7, QT 7.7.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 11 2011 6:17 PM In reply to

Mike:

Did the support tech assign a case number to your issue? If so, you should still be able to get into phone support. If you are not getting a satisfactory reply, email Avid Customer Advocate Marianna and include your system ID, serial number and case number, if assigned.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Apr 11 2011 8:57 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,504
    • Points 42,220

Just curious.  Seems by looking at your specs and your discussion of Windows 7 that this is a PC issue.  And this is the Mac forum.  Maybe this should be moved?

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.11.0 but playing w 2018.12.6|OS 10.14.x - iMac 2017 - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Wed, Jun 8 2011 7:55 PM In reply to

• sebondar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 29 2010
    • Posts 10
    • Points 135

We got this error as well:

SWDC_CodecInterface_Task::Execute() CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILURE

Then we tried many things that did not work, so eventually we deleted our title and the error disappeared. Even before we deleted the corrupted title we realized that just by not monitoring the track with the title the error does not show up!

• Mon, Jun 13 2011 8:13 PM In reply to

• jeffmurray
    • Not Ranked
    • Glasgow United Kingdom
    • Posts 72
    • Points 920

This problem is fixed in 5.5.2.  Installed and tested it today on a Windows Machine not Mac and it fixed the problem for me. 

Interested to know if it fixes for Macs as well.

Regards Jeff

Page 8 of 12 (175 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller