Latest post Tue, Jul 6 2010 6:12 PM by Abeyta. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 5 2010 11:26 PM

• Abeyta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Phoenix
    • Posts 198
    • Points 2,465

Symphony 5 won't launch with VideoRaid320X

Hello, 

I am in the process of installing/upgrading to Symphony 5.0.0.1 and cannot get the Symphony to successfully launch when my Avid VideoRaid 320x is powered up. The entire system will crash on startup right before the "select project window" should appear. I have to manually hard boot the computer from the power button on the front of the cpu.

If I turn off the VideoRaid and boot up everything seems to launch and open just fine in Symphony. So it appears to be a conflict with the Atto card or videoraid.

I had just installed the latest Atto ULD5 4.41 driver, and flashed the ULD5 card to the latest 4.10.09 firmware. I did not try to launch Symphony prior to updating the drivers so I'm not sure it my old 4.40 driver or the older firmware would have worked.

Does anybody know or can confirm what the correct Atto config should be with Symphony 5 and the Avid VideoRaid?

Mac Pro 2013 6 Core 3.5ghz, MC Symphony 8.7, 16GB RAM, D700, OS 10.10.5, Ultrastudio 4K, Pegasus2 R6 12TB [view my complete system specs]

Derrick Abeyta | Blu Pixel

Phoenix, Arizona

www.blupixelpost.com

• Tue, Jul 6 2010 1:30 AM In reply to

• Abeyta
    • Not Ranked
    • Phoenix
    • Posts 198
    • Points 2,465

Re: Symphony 5 won't launch with VideoRaid320X

ok, so I've reloaded to the older Atto 4.4.0 driver and now it's crashing the Mac at the "Initializing Media Stream Manager" message on the Symphony start up window. The Symphony just will not launch when the VideoRaid is attached.

The Raid drives all appear to be fine from the desktop level and worked fine with Avid prior to my Symphony 5 upgrade (from v3.5). 

Mac Pro 2013 6 Core 3.5ghz, MC Symphony 8.7, 16GB RAM, D700, OS 10.10.5, Ultrastudio 4K, Pegasus2 R6 12TB [view my complete system specs]

Phoenix, Arizona

www.blupixelpost.com

• Tue, Jul 6 2010 5:32 AM In reply to

• John Moore
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 3 2006
    • Studio City, CA
    • Posts 396
    • Points 4,460

I'd try stuffing the AvidMedia Files and OMFI folders and see if it launches.  If that works rebuild the databases.  Sounds like some potential media corruption.

Symphony Nitris and Nitris DX 4.x and MCsoft 5.x & 5.5x, MCsoft 6, Artist Color [view my complete system specs]

John Moore Barking Trout Productions bigfish@pacbell.net

• Tue, Jul 6 2010 6:12 PM In reply to

• Abeyta
    • Not Ranked
    • Phoenix
    • Posts 198
    • Points 2,465

I think I have solved the issue! I can now launch and use the VideoRaid.

I had to manually delete a few extensions and then reinstall the Symphony 5 software and Atto Exprestripe application.

I noticed these extensions in the system folder had an older date and didn't seem to get updated. The extensions I manually replaced/updated were:

Avid_SCSI_RBC.kext

Avid_SCSI.kext

ATTORAID_OS10.kext

Phoenix, Arizona

www.blupixelpost.com

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller