Latest post Mon, Jul 5 2010 10:29 PM by mtahir. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 3 2010 2:01 PM

• mtahir
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • UK
    • Posts 515
    • Points 6,260

Audio error with QT/AMA and Analog Mojo

I linked a QT file that I created with Sorenson Squeeze 5 Pro. It's QT file using the DNxHD36 codec. The files seems to link correctly. However, when I look at the console, I see the following (project is a 1080/50i):

Forcing sample provider mode for audio.
    aafConvertAudioCodingToCM() - Unable to map the AAF/MXF audio coding value to a recognized internal audio coding format.  Treating as 'unknown'.

I then play it, and it seems to play fine for a few seconds until I get the following error:

Exception caught in APlayer::Play - Exception: ADVAudioDev: Audio underrun on DV device
    Exception:
    @ Sat Jul 03 13:45:10 2010
    * Exception: ADVAudioDev: Audio underrun on DV device
    Exception caught in APlayer::Play - Exception: ADVAudioDev: Audio underrun on DV device
    Exception:
    @ Sat Jul 03 13:51:08 2010
    * Exception: ADVAudioDev: Audio underrun on DV device

If I disable Mojo (clicking on the DNA/1394 button), it now plays without the error. However, the audio is distorted. In the console, I see the following:

Audio error (underrun) detected and suppressed - sample pos: 280225 [ slipped: 0 ]
    Audio error (underrun) detected and suppressed - sample pos: 293185 [ slipped: 0 ]
    Audio error (underrun) detected and suppressed - sample pos: 301345 [ slipped: 0 ]

When I do a MediaInfo check on the actual MOV file, I get the following

Format                           : MPEG-4
    Format profile                 : QuickTime
    Codec ID                        : qt 
    File size                         : 273 MiB
    Duration                         : 1mn 0s
    Overall bit rate                : 37.9 Mbps
    Writing library                  : Apple QuickTime
    com.apple.quicktime.software     : Sorenson Squeeze 5.0
    Encoded_With                     : Sorenson Squeeze

ID                               : 1
    Format                           : AAC
    Format/Info                      : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format version                   : Version 4
    Format profile                   : LC
    Format settings, SBR             : No
    Codec ID                         : 40
    Duration                         : 1mn 0s
    Bit rate mode                    : Constant
    Bit rate                         : 192 Kbps
    Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
    Channel positions                : Front: L R
    Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
    Stream size                      : 1.38 MiB (1%)
    Language                         : English

Thanks

Mohammed

MC2019.12.1 (Win7) | Dell T7500 with 2 x 6-Core Intel Xeon X5690 3.46GHz CPUs | Triple-Channel 64GB (32GB per CPU) 1333MHz DDR3 EEC FBDIMM | 3GB nVidia... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , , , ,
  • Sat, Jul 3 2010 4:22 PM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,626
    • Points 18,635

Re: Audio error with QT/AMA and Analog Mojo

Underrunds and overruns are ususally related to system resources - either computing speed or conflicts. There is a good chance your PC is not powerful enough or you have a conflict between the resources your Mojo is usuing the resources used to either transfer or decode the audio stream.

To get around it try transcoding your audio within avid. Should be fast to do and you won't have to touch your video

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Sun, Jul 4 2010 1:09 AM In reply to

• mtahir
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • UK
    • Posts 515
    • Points 6,260

Thanks for the reply.

But I don't get it as the my machine seems to be plenty powerful. Mojo is on it's own bus segment. I don't have any problems with the same hardware set-up running XPro under WinXP SP2. The data is coming off  RAID0 - 180MB/sec 15K SAS drives. I don't think the MC5 to Analog Mojo is working too well as I have had problems with Mojo and Digi002 connected. Maybe this is another issue. I'll have a another look at it.

MC2019.12.1 (Win7) | Dell T7500 with 2 x 6-Core Intel Xeon X5690 3.46GHz CPUs | Triple-Channel 64GB (32GB per CPU) 1333MHz DDR3 EEC FBDIMM | 3GB nVidia... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 5 2010 1:58 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,626
    • Points 18,635

As you say plenty of read speed but what about decoding power? Especially if it is a codec that is "unknown" it may just be that it is being decoded using the wrong decoder or a generic decoder. If so that could be throwing up errors and causing the overruns.

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Mon, Jul 5 2010 10:29 PM In reply to

• mtahir
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • UK
    • Posts 515
    • Points 6,260

Thanks for the info. That's a good point. I'll try to give it another go.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller