Latest post Mon, Jun 21 2010 11:11 PM by Johnny Diesel. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 21 2010 11:11 PM

• Johnny Diesel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 29 2007
    • Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 61
    • Points 650

MC 5.0 audio sync problem

Hi all: We have just installed 5.0 on three systems at my workplace and have an audio sync issue with all the systems. Playback on the computer monitor is in sync, as is Full Screen Playback, but when performing an "Output To DV Device" through a dedicated Dynex Firewire 400 card, the audio is 2 to 3 frames behind video. This is a problem only for systems NOT hooked up to a MOJO, of which two of our systems are not, and will likely not be. To be clear, the system with the MOJO has a sync issue when the MOJO is NOT hooked up, but does not when it is hooked up.

There is no way I know of to delay the video and "Desktop Play Delay" in Video Display Settings delays the audio, not the video, which, for obvious reasons, makes things worse.

Two of the systems are brand new Mac Pros running Mac OS X 10.6.2, and QT Version 10.0. the other system is a bit older, but the OS and QT are up to spec. The sync issue is apparent when outputing to a number of different decks through Firewire such as a Sony HVR-M25U and a Panasonic AJ-D250 among others. BTW, there was no probem when running 4.0.5.5.

Anybody else having this problem, or have a solution?? The (hopefully) temporary workaround is to do an Audio Mixdown, slide the audio 2 frames and output that way. Any help would be much appreciated.

Johnny

Homebuilt: Win 10 on Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1, Xeon E5-1650 v3 at 3.5 GHZ 6-core, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, Nvidia Quadro M4000, Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K. Canopus... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller