Latest post Mon, Jun 14 2010 6:19 AM by pointer. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 13 2010 9:42 PM

Audio/Video Capture Problem - MC5

I've been trying to capture 8mm/Hi8 video from a Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder into the Avid via the DV port using both 8mm and Hi8 tapes. The video can record without a problem; however, there is no audio heard and thus cannot be captured. I have adjusted all possible configurations of Audio Settings with no success. Audio can be heard from the camcorder's speakers.

I also tested by hooking up the TRV350 to my Sony DCR-VX2000 in a pass-thru set up (S-Video to S-Video, RCA audio to RCA audio). The video comes in just fine via DV; however, again, no audio is present. Audio can be heard from the camcorder speakers.

I then tested, for a final try, an actual DV tape with the VX2000 and complete success, as is the norm.

I am beginning to believe that audio from 8mm/Hi8 tapes do not have the ability to be captured because of their older bit-rate. However, when I have attempted in the past with previous DV/Xpress Pro versions, I've been able to use the pass-thru set up, everything converted in the camcorder correctly, and capturing was successful with both video and audio.

Any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

David

P.S. LOVE MC5!

• Sun, Jun 13 2010 9:45 PM In reply to

Re: Audio/Video Capture Problem - MC5

David:

Have you gone into your deck configuration section of your user settings and configured the channel you need? If not, you want a channel "Firewire on OHCI" linked to either the exact make and model machine template from the list, or an appropriate "generic DV device" template. When going into your user settings, make sure "all settings" is active in the hamburger menu.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, Jun 13 2010 9:48 PM In reply to

Thanks Larry! I tried that and it doesn't seem to work unfortunately. I'll toy around with it some more; however, any other suggestions from yourself or others will eventually fix this problem I'm sure.

• Sun, Jun 13 2010 9:53 PM In reply to

If you've successfully configured the channel I described, then check:

(1) That you have selected the correct raster size for the HD project format you're in

(2) The video and audio input tabs on the capture tool - both should show "Host 1394"

(3) The track indicators on the top of the capture tool - make sure at least V1 and A1, A2 are active.

Your camera firewire connection should be to the FW port on the motherboard.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Jun 14 2010 6:19 AM In reply to

• pointer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 20 2008
    • Greece
    • Posts 11
    • Points 125

DJ Centinno:

I also tested by hooking up the TRV350 to my Sony DCR-VX2000 in a pass-thru set up (S-Video to S-Video, RCA audio to RCA audio). The video comes in just fine via DV; however, again, no audio is present. Audio can be heard from the camcorder speakers.

Put a tape in DCR-VX2000 and hit record, then capture in MC while recording. The problem is quite old and is  related with TC signal not coming in MC.

Check this.

Asus P4P800 deluxe,P4-3.0 GHz Northwood, 2G Ram, Quadro 4 900 xgl driven by 84.26, dual boot XP sp2 both, MC 2.7.7 and MC 3.0, also a Fujitsu-Siemens... [view my complete system specs]

...and what happens if I press this button?...

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller