Latest post Wed, Jun 2 2010 2:13 PM by Larry Rubin. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 2 2010 2:07 PM

• Neatboy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 21 2010
    • London
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

Audio not coming with me...

Hey guys,

I am trying to transfer an Sony HDV 1080i project into Media Composer form Xpress Pro on a different computer (MacBook Pro).

The video is fine, and the song in A3 and A4 is fine (an MP3), but all the audio from the Sony HDV footage seems to be there (with all my transitions etc), yet there is no actual audio. And in the equaliser there are no bars moving up and down.

Any ideas how to export the audio that is in my Xpress Pro project to a hardrive that I will use for the Media Composer?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.6.3, Avid Xpress Pro HD Academic Version 4.8.1, 4GB RAM Camera: Sony HVR A1E (Old - Avid Xpress Pro HD, PC, Intel Pentium... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , , , ,
  • Wed, Jun 2 2010 2:13 PM In reply to

Re: Audio not coming with me...

Try rebuilding the media database files. Quit the application, and in each numerical folder inside the MXF folder inside the Avid MediaFiles folder, delete the two files that identify as "msmFMID.pmr" and "msmMMOB.mdb". If you have an OMFI MediaFiles folder, delete the same two files. On re-launch, the system will detect the missing files and build new ones at the "Initializing Media Streams Manager" stage. You will see the system go into a scanning and indexing mode at this point.

Also, if you're moving Media folders around, be sure to follow the ground rules:

1) The "Avid MediaFiles" folder (for MXF media) and the "OMFI MediaFiles" folder (for OMF media) MUST reside at the root level of the media drive, not inside any other folders or the system will not be able to find the media.

2) The folder names must always be the factory default names listed above (minus the quotes) or the system will not be able to find the media.

3) There can be only one of each folder type on any given media drive.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller