Latest post Fri, Dec 20 2013 10:40 AM by Shirley1990. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Apr 18 2010 11:15 PM

• editjim
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Apr 18 2010
    • Posts 4
    • Points 75

convert AVCHD (.MTS) files into Avid quick time DNxHD

I am getting very frustrated. I'm trying to convert AVCHD (.MTS) files into Avid quick time DNxHD to use in Avid Express pro. I am testing video pier software before buying. It seems to convert ok but when I import into Avid Express Pro V 4.6. I have audio but the pic is white. If you know of any setting or any other way to convert I would love to know. My Mac is an ancient  dual 533 Mhz  Power PC G4 running OSX 10.4.11. I also have FCP HD 4.5 and can work that way also if there is a way to convert the files for FCP.  I have borrowed a Dual 1.8 Ghz Power PC G5 to use for conversion it is sooooo much faster but the editing software is on my machine so I was planning to convert the files onto a drive then import them into edit program on my box.  I am so frustrated trying to get this to work on Avid

• Sun, Apr 18 2010 11:31 PM In reply to

Re: convert AVCHD (.MTS) files into Avid quick time DNxHD

Hi,

The white screen indicates a codec problem.  Xpress Pro 4.6 is pretty old, and I'm not sure you can use DNxHD codecs with it.  Open up the Help file and type "resolutions" and you should be able to find a list of supported resolutions for 4.6.  

good luck,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Apr 19 2010 1:42 AM In reply to

• editjim
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 75

Avid says that 4.6 will support DNxHD it seemed to work once and I was thrilled to find a solution but the next time I tried is when I got the white video. I think it may be a setting when I'm importing. Itwas shot at 24p.

• Mon, Apr 19 2010 3:35 AM In reply to

• conleec
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 1,320
    • Points 17,065

Unfortunately, unless it's 24p progressive, there is no import setting for Avid which will remove the pulldown frames. I, too, was having issues with removing the pulldown on the Mac. I ended up using TMPEnc in Bootcamp to do it, which works wonders, but you have to buy it and you have to use Bootcamp.

For straight conversion of AVCHD on the Mac to something that can be imported, try ClipWrap. It's great, and fast. But it won't (to the best of my knowledge) remove pulldown for 24p stuff.

Chris

MacPro 3.33Ghz 12 Core (Westmere, MacPro 5,1), 48Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 680, Intensity Pro (Desktop Video 10.4.3), OS X 10.13.6, MC 2018.12 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 19 2010 6:42 AM In reply to

• editjim
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 75

OK so here is what I don't understand Video Pier seems to convert the AVCHD files from the cannon vixia fine  my problem is th AVCHD (.MTS) files from the  Sony  HXR-NX5U. When import to Avid express pro V 4.6 they say they are an unsuported format. I don't understan how it recognizes the AVCHD files fro=m one camera and not another.

• Sat, Mar 26 2011 12:29 PM In reply to

Hi Roz,

rozroz:
    and what about PC solution, please ?

Just FYI, those are all spammers.  I've reported them to the admin to be deleted.  Be wary of downloading any of their software.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Sep 29 2011 3:16 AM In reply to

Maybe this thread could be useful to you: Normal 0 7.8 磅 0 2 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:普通表格; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/74911/582018.aspx#582018

• Thu, Sep 29 2011 4:55 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

One more spammer here .....

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Fri, Dec 20 2013 10:40 AM In reply to

Clipwrap is okay. Personally I use Aunsoft MTS Converter for Mac for better video quality with output DNxHD MOV or ProRes MOV.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller