Latest post Wed, Apr 14 2010 2:25 PM by fididonk. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 14 2010 1:09 PM

• fididonk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 14 2010
    • Posts 7
    • Points 0

Animation seems like dv quality

Hello,

I'm sorry if my english is not good. I've a problem when importing clip mov (animation) that created from adobe after effect into avid xpress pro. If i look the quality in quick time player before importing file to avid, the clip is good and sharp. But, after importing to avid the clip quality is poor (seems like dv quality, not in animation quality).

Is the problem came from a graphic card that i use in my pc? I use nvidia gf 7300 gs graphic card, intel core2duo 2,1 ghz processor, 3 gb mem ddr2. I don't have mojo.

Thank you very much

Filed under: , ,
  • Wed, Apr 14 2010 1:12 PM In reply to

Re: Animation seems like dv quality

Hi,

1. What resolution are you working in?

2. What are you viewing the file on?  In other words, are you checking quality on an external monitor or on your computer monitor?

3. What kind of project are you working in (HD? SD? Frame rate?)?

4. What version of Xpress Pro are you using?

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2019.8 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Apr 14 2010 1:16 PM In reply to

Since you say it looks good before importing, check the resolution display quality icon (the TV screen on the left side of the timeline toolbar) and make sure it is showing full green, which is full resolution display - half yellow, half green, or full yellow are low resolution modes.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, Apr 14 2010 1:22 PM In reply to

• fididonk
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 0

thx before carl.

1. I create the project on after effect in pal d1/dv 720x576 frame rate 25..and export/render after that in animation mov.

2. I view in computer monitor.

3. I work in project DV420 720i frame rate 25

4. Avid xpress pro 5.1.5

thx for your attention :)

camoscato:

Hi,

1. What resolution are you working in?

2. What are you viewing the file on?  In other words, are you checking quality on an external monitor or on your computer monitor?

3. What kind of project are you working in (HD? SD? Frame rate?)?

4. What version of Xpress Pro are you using?

ciao,
    Carl 

• Wed, Apr 14 2010 1:29 PM In reply to

Hi,

fididonk:
    I work in project DV420 720i frame rate 25

DV420 is a DV resolution.  Do you have an option to import the file with a better resolution?  1:1 perhaps?

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2019.8 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Wed, Apr 14 2010 1:38 PM In reply to

• fididonk
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 0

option 1:1 is not appear when create project. How to appear this option?

camoscato:

Hi,

fididonk:
    I work in project DV420 720i frame rate 25

DV420 is a DV resolution.  Do you have an option to import the file with a better resolution?  1:1 perhaps?

ciao,
    Carl 

• Wed, Apr 14 2010 1:48 PM In reply to

• fididonk
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 0

Hi Larry..yes..display resolution have already set in fully green mode..but still not sharp.

• Wed, Apr 14 2010 1:53 PM In reply to

Hi,

fididonk:

Sorry, I was not clear.  When you imported the file, what resolution did you choose?  In the Import File dialog box there should be a choice of resolutions.

ciao,
    Carl 

• Wed, Apr 14 2010 2:05 PM In reply to

• fididonk
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 0

In the import option, i choose..use the source file resolution

camoscato:

Hi,

fididonk:

Sorry, I was not clear.  When you imported the file, what resolution did you choose?  In the Import File dialog box there should be a choice of resolutions.

ciao,
    Carl 

• Wed, Apr 14 2010 2:12 PM In reply to

• fididonk
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 0

l look in media creation..and option 1:1 doesn't appear. I always set to dv 25 420

fididonk:

In the import option, i choose..use the source file resolution

camoscato:

Hi,

fididonk:

ciao,
    Carl 

• Wed, Apr 14 2010 2:16 PM In reply to

Hi,

fididonk:
    l look in media creation..and option 1:1 doesn't appear. I always set to dv 25 420

What other choices are available in your Media Creation settings?

ciao,
    Carl 

• Wed, Apr 14 2010 2:25 PM In reply to

• fididonk
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 0

These is a list in import tab on media creation:

1. dv 25 411 omf

2. dv 25 420 omf

3. dv 50 omf

4. dv 15:1s omf

camoscato:

Hi,

fididonk:

What other choices are available in your Media Creation settings?

ciao,
    Carl 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller