Latest post Wed, Mar 17 2010 7:32 PM by Coloradoal. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 17 2010 7:24 PM

• Coloradoal
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 28 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

DNxHD MXF "Sequence" Master Clip - Media Tool

Hello,

I am setting up a workflow where I am transcoding exising files I am receiving from clients to an Avid DNxHD MXF format using a third party piece of software (Digital Rapids).  The MXF DNxHD files generated by the Digital Rapids individually wrap the video and each mono audio track with the proper Avid Operational Pattern in the MXF wrapper.  I then drop these MXF files into my "Avid MediaFiles\MXF\1 folder through Windows.  Within Media Composer 4, I use the Media Tool to browse to these MXF "Master Clips" and when I add the Master Clips to my timeline everything works and looks great.  The issue is that no matter what the name of the individual MXF wrapped DNxHD and mono audio "Media Files" are, the Master Clip is always called "Sequence."  Therefore if I transcode 100 individual files, when I browse to them using the Media Tool the Media Files show up with the specified file name, however the Master Clips are all named "Sequence" making it impossible to tell the clips apart unless I play them in the source monitor and rename them once they are added to the project.  If I transcode the clips to a DNxHD in a QuickTime wrapper, the file name is preserved but I have to wait for the files to import which is time consuming.

1.  Do all Master Clips in an Avid Media composer show up as "Sequence"? 

This would help me narrow down the issue to being either a limitation of Media Composer or some sort of metadata issue with my MXF files from the Digital Rapids.

Thanks!

• Wed, Mar 17 2010 7:30 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: DNxHD MXF "Sequence" Master Clip - Media Tool

Coloradoal:
    1.  Do all Master Clips in an Avid Media composer show up as "Sequence"? 

No. This is metadata introduced into the MXF files by Digital Rapids. They must have some setting somewhere to facilitate naming the clips.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Wed, Mar 17 2010 7:32 PM In reply to

• Coloradoal
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 28 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: DNxHD MXF "Sequence" Master Clip - Media Tool

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller