Latest post Fri, Mar 12 2010 3:01 PM by Kenton.VanNatten. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 12 2010 2:06 PM

• mick1978
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 12 2010
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Effect palette with only 3 effects?????

I did my first video cut with Free DV and was glad that it was that easy. Now I want to do some effects on this cut. I opened up the effect palette with Ctrl + 8. So far so good but.....I only have 3 effects. I took a look at some tutorial videos and found out that the most times there were more than only 3 effects.

Can I download some more effects or even grade my Free DV up??

Thanks a lot, Mick

• Fri, Mar 12 2010 3:01 PM In reply to

Re: Effect palette with only 3 effects?????

FreeDV has been EOL for quite a while, so there are no updates for it.  However, you can download the 30-day Trial of Media Composer and have a fully functioning version of MC (albeit for 30 days).  The downside for your current project is that the bins and media files from FreeDV are not transferrable as far as I know.  

In terms of the Effects available, I'm not sure whether you only have 3 because there is a limit on the FreeDV offering or if you have 3 because you have some other issue.  

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller