Latest post Wed, Dec 17 2014 2:24 PM by MarcusM. 47 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 24 2010 3:56 PM In reply to

• millerHD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 16 2006
    • Posts 10
    • Points 130

Re: Media Management and Newcomers to MC

Thanks Gents...

So my question is this.

I want to Map to an Avid mediafiles folder on another computer on my network in the building.

I have tried it locally...but no luck so far.

I created an Alias, (in MAC) and left the alias with the exact same name as the associated folder in the root of the drive ,  the normal place it would live... then the real folder is moved to another location....    the mapping doesn't work. 

Any advice...?

• Wed, Mar 24 2010 4:02 PM In reply to

millerHD:
    I want to Map to an Avid mediafiles folder on another computer on my network in the building.

What kind of network are you attempting to use? Hopefully, something like editshare? Ethernet or fiber?

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, Dec 17 2014 2:24 PM In reply to

• MarcusM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 9
    • Points 145

Hi Randall,

I was searching the forum for topics related to relinking the MXF media files.  The basics on directory structure was a big help!  I followed your instructions and re-scanned my drive.  Now, my offline media is back!

Thanks again.  It's great to have these resources available...even 4 years after the original post!  -- Mark

Page 4 of 4 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller