Latest post Thu, Feb 14 2019 3:53 PM by Kevin Klimek. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 20 2010 2:02 AM

• SparkyJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 7 2009
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 23
    • Points 320

what are AMALogger files & can I delete them?

I've noticed that a new "AMALogger" file is created every day that I use my system.  They appear in my User folder on the Macintosh HD.  The old ones are never replaced because the file name contains the date.

What do these files do?  Are they necessary for smooth operation?  Should old ones be auto-deleting?

Thanks to anyone who knows...

MC 4.05, aluminum uni-body MacBook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 21 2010 3:50 PM In reply to

• rogershuff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Bournemouth UK
    • Posts 128
    • Points 1,440

Re: what are AMALogger files & can I delete them?

If AMA is active (it is a setting), you'll get these when you run the application. If you are not using AMA, turn AMA off in the Volume mounting tab of the AMA settings and carry on as normal - you can then delete the files.

Mac: 2.33Ghz Macbook Pro, OS 10.5.6, 3GB RAM, Media Composer 4.0.5, analogue Mojo, 320GB internal HD, Sony DSR-45P deck, etc etc [view my complete system specs]

Roger Shufflebottom Bottom Line TV +44 7973 543660

• Thu, Jan 21 2010 5:49 PM In reply to

• SparkyJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 7 2009
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 23
    • Points 320

Thank you, Roger!  Since I'm not doing any importing, only straight digitizing, I'm going to turn this setting off.

Thanks!Smile

MC 4.05, aluminum uni-body MacBook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 30 2010 2:21 PM In reply to

rogershuff:
    If you are not using AMA, turn AMA off in the Volume mounting tab of the AMA settings and carry on as normal - you can then delete the files.

What if you are using AMA?  What happens if I delete the files?  Will my previous projects that I've linked to AMA volumes no longer appear online?  Is it a simple matter of "Linking to AMA Volume" again?  

The files aren't huge - so space isn't a concern, but I have about 70 of them dating back to 12/8/09 and they are cluttering up my Finder window.

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Tue, Mar 30 2010 8:04 PM In reply to

• DShulkin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Michigan
    • Posts 174
    • Points 2,195

I'm so glad this was asked as I noticed last week that I have quite a few in the admin folder.  As Kenton stated

Kenton.VanNatten:
    The files aren't huge - so space isn't a concern, but I have about 70 of them dating back to 12/8/09 and they are cluttering up my Finder window.

I'd love to hear if we need to manage these in any way as I don't see it in any of my support docs, etc.

Nitris DX/MC 6.x-MacPro 8c, 12GB RAM, 6TB of internal RAID 0 storage. Adrenaline MC 5.x - MacPro 8c, 6GB RAM, 6TB of internal RAID 0 storage. EditShare... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 18 2010 4:13 AM In reply to

bump.

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Fri, Feb 8 2019 7:12 PM In reply to

• Brit DeLillo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Sep 7 2013
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 11
    • Points 155

Double bump.

Can we delete these files?

Avid Media Composer 8.8 Mac Pro Mac OS 10.12 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 14 2019 3:53 PM In reply to

Avid has told me they can be deleted. There is an open bug about the fact that they are getting placed in the home folder.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller