Latest post Mon, Feb 6 2012 3:42 PM by SpaceCityTom. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 6 2010 9:53 PM

Exception: StreamingPlayConsumer::ExecutePass TIMEOUT

Just got to testiing new Z400 system and about 20 sec after capture window  is made active I get this error message: 

Exception: StreamingPlayConsumer::ExecutePass TIMEOUT

I have QT 7.6.4, the correct Nvidia drivers, everything in the suggested slots. Just can't figure it out.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

System 1: HP Z400, 3.20G Quad Core, Quadro 4000, 250G SSD system drive,Windows 7 64, MojoDX w/active hib, 6G ram, Cal Digit VR ESATA Raid, Recommended... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 6 2010 10:31 PM In reply to

Re: Exception: StreamingPlayConsumer::ExecutePass TIMEOUT

Well, in my own rush to test, I hadn't connected any source to the DX. Once a valid HDSDI source was connected, the error message went away. Never did that in earlier versions of MC with the DX, you would just get a NO Signal message. Anyway I hope I'm right and it continues to work well.

System 1: HP Z400, 3.20G Quad Core, Quadro 4000, 250G SSD system drive,Windows 7 64, MojoDX w/active hib, 6G ram, Cal Digit VR ESATA Raid, Recommended... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 21 2010 5:25 PM In reply to

Ok, This is aggrivating. Everytime the camera is disconnected from my system with capture enabled, I get the StreamingPlay exception. Is there any way around this other than closing the capture window between scene changes? Anybody out there using a Mojo DX have the same happen when they disconnect the video source with the capture window active? Just checking to see if this is now the default behavior with 4.05.

Thanks

• Thu, May 13 2010 9:15 PM In reply to

• Stephan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 13 2010
    • Washington DC
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Hi Clement,

I get the same error mesasge when I try to capture audio (narration) via analog audio in. I didn't have that problem when I captured video and audio via SDI. And the wired thing about it is when I push the record button right after I set up the capture tool the message doesn't appier only if i wait a few secounds the error will pop up. i actualy had yesterday the problem that the MC sent me always an "no valid input on analog audio" error when I tried to record some voice over. Today I tried again and got the other error but at least I know that the analog audio input works...

If you figured some solution for that problem - I see you had it a while ago - would be great if you can post it.

Thanks
    Stephan

Mac Pro, Snow Leopard 10.6.2, Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 2.93 Ghx, 6GB Ram, NVIDA GeForce GT 120, Avid MC with Mojo DX, QT 7.6.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 19 2010 7:08 AM In reply to

No solution, just learned to live with it. Now I know that when I see that error I lost sync or the signal entirely. Didn't try with capture set to SDI audio though, always capture with analog audio source. Don't know if it makes a diference. Sorry I couldn't be of any real help. It seems MC4 is a bit more picky about capture than 3.X was.

• Thu, Jun 24 2010 4:54 PM In reply to

• Editmvp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 3 2008
    • Billings, Montana
    • Posts 158
    • Points 1,855

I too am experiencing exactly the same issue recording narration.  In my setup, I have an APHEX preamp with a optical S/PDIF line running to the Nitris box.  But I tested the problem running an analog line and an AES/EBU line as well with exactly the same results. I never had the problem before until I recently updated to MC5/Win 7.  It must be either a bug, or something in our setups.  It's definitely annoying and needs to be resolved.

Primary System: Media Composer 2018.12.8 w/Symphony Option | Phrase Find | Avid Artist DNxIO | iMac 2019 i9 8-Core 3.6/128GB/2TB-SSD/Radeon Vega 48/OS... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 7 2010 11:29 PM In reply to

• JasonByfield
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 13 2009
    • Kirkland, WA
    • Posts 11
    • Points 140

Gotta love the mysterous MC error messages...

I too have been experiencing these issues lately.  The only way that I can capture analog audio in MC 5 on a PC is by having a live video signal feeding into my Mojo DX via HD-SDI.  This is of course quite annoying if I'm only looking to capture VO and don't need video.  Hopefully we'll see a fix for this soon.

OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8), Mojo DX w/ Media Composer 6.0 fibre channel to Unity MediaNetwork 5.1.3, QuickTime 7.6.6, Mid 2010 MacPro:2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 6 2012 3:42 PM In reply to

Not sure if anyone is still having this problem but I got round it by unticking "View incoming video on client monitor" in the capture settings.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller