Latest post Tue, Jan 5 2010 5:48 AM by AndrewAction. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 5 2010 2:30 AM

Onlining to HDV

Happy new year!

Ok, i know this is a classic workflow but I need to be guided again.

How do you reLink/reCaprture a DV project to an HDV?

I now this sounds impractical but the DV SCENE extraction is essential to me. Since it does not work on HDV, I would first capture my HDV footage as DV (DOWNCONVERT) so I can accurately extract clips via DVsceneExt., I would then cut my project (DV).

I just need the right step to reLink/recapture the DV project into its orignal HDV form.

I'm shooting HDV (1080i) using a Sony Z1.

Thank you.

Avid MC 8.3 | OSX 10.8.5 | MacPro 8-Core, 24 GB | HDV/H264/AVCHD/DV/, Sony HVR-Z1/Z7, Canon EOS [view my complete system specs]

Ervz Tia | Video Productions
    WM Communications, Asia-Pacific | Philippines

--

• Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:16 AM In reply to

Re: Onlining to HDV

Try a test by capturing a short section that has 10 or 12 different clips from your HDV source in DV.

Edit 3 or 4 of those clips into a timeline.  (To make sure the batch does not just capture a continuos clip make sure there is at least 15 or 20 seconds timecode difference between the last used frame of one clip and the first used frame of the next.

Open a HDV project and open the bin from your DV project with your sequence in it. Setup your deck for HDV and capture tool. Batch import all media (Not offline only)

If the batch works you are good to go

• Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:55 AM In reply to

Can I simply switch PROJECT SETTING to HDV?

Avid MC 8.3 | OSX 10.8.5 | MacPro 8-Core, 24 GB | HDV/H264/AVCHD/DV/, Sony HVR-Z1/Z7, Canon EOS [view my complete system specs]

--

• Tue, Jan 5 2010 5:35 AM In reply to

tikboy:
    Can I simply switch PROJECT SETTING to HDV?
    for me yes in my SD project (PAL 25i?). Change Format to 1080i and the Raster to HDV (earlier versions of MC?) or 1440 by 1080 for MC4 (the only Avid here free so that I could check out)

• Tue, Jan 5 2010 5:42 AM In reply to

Thanks guys, i think I got it!

I flipped format to HD and BATCH CAPTURED the sequence. I made a dummy edit of 10 clips, only two clips failed to capture. I had to redo the batch process several times to make them (Avid-Z1) communicate properly.

Follow up: How do you recapture only the left-over clips in the sequence?

--

• Tue, Jan 5 2010 5:48 AM In reply to

tikboy:
    How do you recapture only the left-over clips in the sequence?
    For ease I would capture DV to one drive and HDV to another. Then put an X infront of the Avid MediaFiles folder name for the DV capture drive.

Then batch capture offline only to pickup the strays

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller