Latest post Fri, Jan 1 2010 7:23 PM by ayakaonly. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 21 2009 8:49 PM

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,405
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

MC 4.0.5 released

Ok folks, another month and another new update to the software. The following new editors were released today, December 21, 2009.  

*         Avid Media Composer v4.0.5 (Mac and PC) 

*         Avid Symphony v4.0.5 (Mac and PC)

*         Avid NewsCutter v8.0.5 (PC)

Who gets it:

-          Customers with a valid Avid Support Contract can download/upgrade their v4.0.x/v8.0.x editor(s) on the Download Center (login and password required).

-          Customers who purchased Avid Media Composer v4.0.x, Avid Symphony v4.0.x and Avid NewsCutter v8.0.x are entitled to a free download/upgrade from the avid.com Download Site.

-          Any Academic system that is currently at v4.0.x/v8.0.x can be upgraded to v4.0.5/v8.0.5 as well.

Where you get it:

The download files will available in two locations:

-    Avid Download Center for valid support contract holders.  The new editors will be listed           inside there respective folders. Login and password required for access to this site.

-    avid.com Download Site for customers already on v4.0.x/v8.0.x.

What you will get it you're on a MAc:

So during the download and install testing we noticed a minor glitch in the Mac install. When installing the Macintosh version of the editing application, you might receive the error: "Install step failed: run postflight script for InterLok Extensions. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."  If you receive this error, reinstall the editing application. The second install will fix this error and the editor will function properly.

Where you get Fixes and ReadMe Files

Avid Media Composer v4.0.5, Avid Symphony v4.0.5 and Avid NewsCutter v8.0.5 are update releases to the existing v4.0.x/v8.0.x editors.   There are many enhancements and fixes to this release so everyone is encouraged to read the ReadMe document provided with the download and also located on the Knowledge Base prior to upgrading.   The final ReadMe documents are now available on the Knowledge Base.

Lots 'o bug fixes and added stability so come and get it. 

Let us know if you have any difficulties installing or using the update and we'll do our best to get everything ironed out.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Mon, Dec 21 2009 9:12 PM In reply to

• Mark Renz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 21 2006
    • Kansas City, MO
    • Posts 1,043
    • Points 12,980

Re: MC 4.0.5 released

Does this contain the fix for pan & zoom? I didn't see it mentioned in the readme other than a reference to video mixdown.

Media Composer Nitris DX 2018.8 with Symphony option Win10 64Gb Ram * Media Composer 8.8 with Symphony option Nitris DX Dual 2.66GHz "Westmere"... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 21 2009 9:35 PM In reply to

• Falcon333
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 12 2009
    • Germany, Munich
    • Posts 10
    • Points 130

great! what are the major bugfixes/updates? this is the question, that needs to be answered in this news, i think.

Macbook Pro 2,2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo ; 4GB RAM; Mac OSX SnowLeopard 10.6.2; Media Composer 4.0.5 Academic; Pro Tools 8.0.2 M-Powered; M-Audio Mobile Pre... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 21 2009 9:35 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,405
    • Avid Employee

There are a bunch of bugs logged against P&Z and since we deal with all of them, could you be more specific?

Thanks

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

• Mon, Dec 21 2009 9:41 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,405
    • Avid Employee

Falcon333:

great! what are the major bugfixes/updates? this is the question, that needs to be answered in this news, i think.

And that question was answered with the paragraph encouragin' all youse guys ta read 'da read me. Smile

It's all in there and can be found on the KB.

Here, I'll do the first one for you.....

Media Composer Read Me

• Mon, Dec 21 2009 9:53 PM In reply to

• Mark Renz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Kansas City, MO
    • Posts 1,043
    • Points 12,980

The issues in question for me is the problem with linked images being replaced randomly with black. And changing the resolution to a higher quality image and after rendering the it image still has the lower quality. It was said to replace the P&Z plugin from an older version but I never did as i didn't have older versions installed anywhere.

Discussed in this thread

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/76733.aspx

Media Composer Nitris DX 2018.8 with Symphony option Win10 64Gb Ram * Media Composer 8.8 with Symphony option Nitris DX Dual 2.66GHz "Westmere"... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 21 2009 9:57 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,405
    • Avid Employee

Yep. 'cording to Brian, they included the fix in this release. It is also no longer on the bug list so, give it a shot and let me know if you still have problems. I'll send it right to Brian if you find it's still giving you fits.

• Mon, Dec 21 2009 10:01 PM In reply to

• Mark Renz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Kansas City, MO
    • Posts 1,043
    • Points 12,980

Will do, thanks for checking!

• Mon, Dec 21 2009 10:07 PM In reply to

• Falcon333
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 12 2009
    • Germany, Munich
    • Posts 10
    • Points 130

BLKDOG:

And that question was answered with the paragraph encouragin' all youse guys ta read 'da read me. Smile

It's all in there and can be found on the KB.

yes Wink, but i think the news needs this quick info what major bugfixes this version includes. for example many bugfixes concerning P&Z. what is an update for? only for the bugfixes or new features, so why dont you name them in the news. just wanted to tell you what is the most interesting thing for me when there is an new version.Smile

if you just want to link to the readme its ok.

cheers

max

Macbook Pro 2,2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo ; 4GB RAM; Mac OSX SnowLeopard 10.6.2; Media Composer 4.0.5 Academic; Pro Tools 8.0.2 M-Powered; M-Audio Mobile Pre... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 21 2009 10:11 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,405
    • Avid Employee

Yep, that's what I want to do. The link is in the post above. 

All the info you seek is in the read me file. 

• Wed, Dec 30 2009 7:39 PM In reply to

• SparkyJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 7 2009
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 23
    • Points 320

Blkdog,

I'm currently on 4.0.4 for the Mac.  I see that the 4.0.5 installer includes installers for EDL Manager, FilmScribe, etc in the "Other Installers" folder.  Have these apps changed as well?  Or am I safe not re-installing them over the 4.0.4 versions?

Thanks!

MC 4.05, aluminum uni-body MacBook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 30 2009 8:17 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,267
    • Points 231,935
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Sparky....

You will be fine.  Most often the baby app's as I call them change on major releases.  4.0.5 fixed a lot of issues and had only one or 2 enahncements that dont affect them.

Off you go.....

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:26 AM In reply to

• oze
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • New Zealand
    • Posts 575
    • Points 6,805

4.0.5 seems to have fixed the annoying "segmentation error" that used to cause earlier versions to crash when dragging around clips and non clips from the end of the timeline. I spent 4 hours working with other it the other day and it feels quite  robust and more responsive on SL. Very pleased with it so far.

2017 27" iMac i7 4.2, 2TB PCI memory, 64GB RAM, OS 10.13.6, MC 2018.10 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 1 2010 7:23 PM In reply to

• ayakaonly
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 13 2009
    • Posts 26
    • Points 320

I am having a little problem on 4.0.5 in OSX 10.6 ..

It takes quite a long time to quit the application. I've tested on three different workstation. One with the Mojo DX

on a MacPro, One MacPro running software only version, One on a MacBook Pro 15.

But I found that when I use a new user, this issue wont happen.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller