Latest post Fri, Dec 18 2009 2:03 PM by mjolnarn. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 18 2009 12:37 PM

• ponder
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 18 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Unwanted Split Screen while Capturing

I'm having problems capturing from my DVD player into Avid. I'm using Component Out. The sound works fine, but the picture is split. It plays perfectly through the monitor at the same time which is strange. I've tried rebooting and swapping cables over etc, but nothing is working. Has anyone got any suggestions?

• Fri, Dec 18 2009 1:31 PM In reply to

Re: Unwanted Split Screen while Capturing

Hi,

ponder:
    the picture is split. It plays perfectly through the monitor at the same time which is strange.

Is the captured clip split, or just the image on the Avid monitor when you're preparing to capture?

ciao,

Carl

Media Composer 2019.8 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Dec 18 2009 1:48 PM In reply to

• ponder
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 18 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

The captured clip is split.

• Fri, Dec 18 2009 1:57 PM In reply to

When you say the capture image is split, do you mean that the frame is offset so you are seeing the sync bars that comprise the outside frame of the image (also known as pulse cross), or is it like a split screen effect with another entirely unrelated image? If it is the former, this could be a gen-lock sync reference problem.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Dec 18 2009 2:03 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,345

Maybe unnecessary to ask, but you dont happen to use two systems for this, one for capturing and another for viewing, the capturing sys using 4,0 and the viewing sys using an earlier version of Avid´, he reason to ask is that it is a codec change in 4,0

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller