Latest post Thu, Dec 3 2009 5:14 PM by Bob Jones. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 3 2009 1:53 PM

• Bob Jones
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London UK
    • Posts 38
    • Points 570

Project recognition

annoyingly, the boss wants to start telling clients we're charging for storing media, even though we now have a terrablock setup between our avids with more storage than i can waste with massive multile pointless renders..

currently we create drive space per client, and just work within that divide, but this doesn't help us break down what space is being used o seperate projects... our current alternative is to go through the process of creating new drives for each and every new project any client brings our way.. which frankly is going to be a big ass ball ache !

so my question... within the MXF folder.. anyone know of a way to see which files belong to which projects..?

help save me from a pointless management ball ache.. ! cos lets face it.. our clients aren't going to pay for storage.. it's only really a bargining chip to force them to be cleaner and more efficient with their media.. !

please help 

Bob Jones
    edi
    tor
    edit-this.co.uk
    info@edit-this.co.uk

• Thu, Dec 3 2009 2:06 PM In reply to

Re: Project recognition

Filovirus:
    within the MXF folder.. anyone know of a way to see which files belong to which projects..?

MediaMover from Random Video does that for you.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 3 2009 5:14 PM In reply to

• Bob Jones
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London UK
    • Posts 38
    • Points 570

Re: Project recognition

Perfect... many thanks.. ! Yes

Bob Jones
    edi
    tor
    edit-this.co.uk
    info@edit-this.co.uk

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller