Latest post Tue, Nov 17 2009 2:56 AM by postboy. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 17 2009 2:41 AM

• postboy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 26 2008
    • Auckland
    • Posts 9
    • Points 85

Editrate does not match tc editrate

Hi, This is an annoying problem that i thought had gone away.

MC 3.1.3    os 10.5.5    qt 7.5.5

I have set up a 25p project and trying to capture from 25frame minidv via firewire sony hvr-m15ap direct to mac (mojoDX)

What appears to be happening is the capture tool is expecting 30 frames even though the project is 25 (i can see this from the timecode in logging mode). If i log the clip, i get this error - Exception: SMReturnTapeMobOffset: sourceMob editrate (25) does not match tc editrate (30). If i record from in it can't find pre roll, if i crash record it comes up with another error.

Previously i overcame this by switching project formats back and forth and restarting a few times but it was completely random. So i managed to capture 5 rolls in this project already at 25 frames.

Is there somewhere i can switch the framerate that capture is expecting? The footage already in seems to edit fine. Any ideas would be much appreciated. In the meantime i will try digitizing in another avid.

Cheers, Sam Brunette.

Media Composer 3.1.3 Mac Pro 2x 2.8ghz quad core 6 gig ram MojoDX [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 17 2009 2:56 AM In reply to

• postboy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 26 2008
    • Auckland
    • Posts 9
    • Points 85

Re: Editrate does not match tc editrate

Update- This seems to be a problem with the machine template setup.

Previously was set to Generic Basic DVDevice-PAL, just changed it to Generic DVDevice-PAL and now seems to work.

Although the Auto-configure option seems to reset to the Basic DV PAL setup which thinks it's NTSC?? Another thing to put on my bug list i guess.

Media Composer 3.1.3 Mac Pro 2x 2.8ghz quad core 6 gig ram MojoDX [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller