Latest post Tue, Nov 17 2009 7:22 PM by kVox. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 17 2009 12:28 AM

• kVox
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 16 2009
    • Posts 7
    • Points 75

Can I change the format of unlinked clips?

My main project is 1080 23.976 Psf, I occassionally (like today) need to send some footage to the on set editor who is working in an SD project. I've been relogging & capturing the clips he needs in an SD project and sending him the bin file with a the MXF media, but it would be really handy if I could just grab a bin from the HD project and open it in my SD project, unlink the clips and recapture them at an SD res. Right now the Avid is really stuck on the idea that these are HD clips and is unwilling to batch capture them.

I've been digging through the settings and tried a few things including making a sequence and using Expert Decompose, but nothing seems to work. My next try will be to make an EDL and conform it.

Is there a setting somewhere or some trick that will make this easier?

It's not life or death, obviously, I'm just trying to speed up my workflow by avoiding logging these clips twice.

Thanks for any advice!

• Tue, Nov 17 2009 2:46 PM In reply to

• TCurren
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 2,994
    • Points 37,755

Re: Can I change the format of unlinked clips?

How about this. Change the project to SD. Select all the clips he wants and do a "Transcode" to the resolution he wants. Point to the transfer drive to do this.

You will get copies of the clips in SD that you can then give to him.

Symphony Nitris Classic, Symphony DX, MC Soft, MC Adrenaline, MC Adrenaline HD, Unity, Terrablock, ProTools [view my complete system specs]

Terence Curren Alpha Dogs, Inc.

Burbank, Ca

www.alphadogs.tv

www.digitalservicestation.com

www.editorslounge.com

• Tue, Nov 17 2009 7:22 PM In reply to

• kVox
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 16 2009
    • Posts 7
    • Points 75

Re: Can I change the format of unlinked clips?

That worked awesome! Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller