Latest post Mon, Nov 16 2009 12:43 PM by Larry Rubin. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 6 2009 1:20 AM

• Mhawkes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 29 2009
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Help! Problems with Capturing Video from Sony HDV Camera

Hello!

I am a newbie at editing and capturing using Avid Media Composer. I borrowed a camera from work, the Sony HVR-HD1000U, although Avid doesn't have an exact configuration for the camera, we use the Sony DCR-PC120 setting at work and it captures fine. I tried using this setting at my own computer at home and it isn't reading it and always says No deck. I am using a firewire to connect it to my HP computer. Any feedback? Help...please?

• Fri, Nov 6 2009 1:49 AM In reply to

Re: Help! Problems with Capturing Video from Sony HDV Camera

Hello, and welcome to the Forum! Please take a few moments to fill out your system specifications. Click on your name, then "edit my profile" and then "profile options" to get to the appropriate text field. We need this information to help you.

In the meantime since you can't find the exact model in the Sony templates, can you confirm that you've tried configuring a channel with "Firwire on OHCI" linked to an appropriate generic dv template?

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Nov 6 2009 1:24 PM In reply to

• clmt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 6 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 50

I have the same problem! But i think this is not an AVID problem, but windows.

I'm using Sony HVR-Z7 Camcorder on VIA OHCI-konformer 1394-Hostcontrolle.

AV/C Subunit driver doesn't work, i see it  as "?" in hardware manager :( And I have no idea how to install it.

msdv.inf and msdv.PNF are on the right place in c:\windos\inf folder. but it dosen't workSuper Angry

sorry for my english, i do my best! Hmm

* XP Pro SP 3 * Composer v3.1.2 * Quicktime v7.6.4 * mainboard: MSI K9Ndiamond 2GB RAM 2 Drives: st3250620as (Seagate Barrakuda 250GB... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Fri, Nov 6 2009 2:12 PM In reply to

Hi,

Please mention in your system description the type of HP computer and in this case what kind of firewire card you use.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Fri, Nov 6 2009 3:15 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,365

clmt:

I have the same problem! But i think this is not an AVID problem, but windows.

Your prob is most likely that you are using a VIA chip for your firewire connection, buy a Texas Instrument one instead.

Some other comments to your profile would be that you are using an uncorrect version of QT for the version of MC that is inside your profile.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, Nov 16 2009 7:07 AM In reply to

• clmt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 6 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 50

thx mjolnarn. you seems to be right.

hmm... i always download the latest version from QT site.

which one could be the right one? and where can i get it? Confused

* XP Pro SP 3 * Composer v3.1.2 * Quicktime v7.6.4 * mainboard: MSI K9Ndiamond 2GB RAM 2 Drives: st3250620as (Seagate Barrakuda 250GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 16 2009 7:25 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,365

You´re welcome, nice to be able to help.

About versions of Quicktime, doing a search in the knowledge base for version matrix gave me this

edited ...  and that document is also linked from the first thread on this forum of course ...

just noticed ..Embarrassed

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, Nov 16 2009 12:43 PM In reply to

Clmt:

Be advised that the latest QT version is not necessarily the correct one for you. As per the version matrix, you should be running QT 7.5.5 not QT 7.6.4. You can get earlier versions of QT here.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller