Latest post Wed, Oct 21 2009 3:26 AM by Abeyta. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 19 2009 2:37 AM

CC Improvements

Guys,

I PROMISE this will be my last Feature Request for a while - sorry, it's my first downtime at work for 6 months and idle hands and all that...

These are some ideas to make the Color Corrector better:

1)  Nudging.  I love the fact that you can "nudge" the point on the Curves, but I think it's a little clunky.  At the moment you have to select either the In or Out box and then use the up and down arrows only.
    It would be great if when in Curves the arrows were automatically active.  The In box could use the Left/Right arrows (as visually that's the direction it moves) and the Out box the Up/Down arrows (again, as visually that's the direction it moves).
    This would make the whole process a little more fluid.
    It would also be nice if "nudge" buttons were mappable in case people don't like my above idea.
    2)  More CC Shortcuts.  There don't appear to be any at the moment.  I'd like to be able to quickly Tab between layouts and then Tab parameters.  Not sure if I'm missing something, but at the minute I can only do the latter.
    I'm sure there's a whole host of other shortcuts people would want and until Avid make a external controller, this would be a good intermediate.
    3)  Something I feature requested in the past, but...  Thumbnail images in the CC buckets.  It would be fantastic to have the option as to whether to use Thumbnails or Icons (people on laptops might choose to use Icons to conserve screen real estate).  It seems obvious, but after a few templates I forget which is which.  It would also be cool if when you save the CC template to a bin and you were in Frame mode you could also see an actual Thumbnail and not just an Icon (maybe have it Home Key enabled as Titles are).
    4)  PLEASE fix the CC re-positioning to Home everytime to exit the Mode.  Drives me insane.
    5)  And last, but not least, the usual Power-Windows/vignette tools; ability to resize the CC window; and more Secondary parameters requests that are asked for regularly.  Just adding another voice.

Ra-ey

Symphony Nitris v7, Media Composer v7, Artist Color, ISIS v4.1, Unity MediaNetwork v5.4, Sapphire v6.1, Boris Continuum Complete v8.1.1, AvidFX... [view my complete system specs]

Media Composer 6 Certified User

Media Composer 6 Certified Professional

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

• Tue, Oct 20 2009 8:39 AM In reply to

• itmatters
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 23 2006
    • Posts 333
    • Points 4,000

Re: CC Improvements

Don;t stop now, Ra-ey they've already "driven you insane"! Smile

What I want in cc is for Sharpen, perhaps Blur to be in there along with Color Contrast , etc. Seems the job nowadays is to match all kinds of low def and grainy shots to high def ones.

• Tue, Oct 20 2009 11:48 AM In reply to

Ray-ey,

I am cutting a drama shot on F35 in S-log; so I am grading every shot using curves-which are such a powerful tool- all your suggestions- especially the thumbnails, would be very welcome.

David

Symphony 7.06 OS 10.9.5 QT 7.6.3 Mac Pro 2x2.66 6-core 32GB Ram Aja Kona Lhi. MC 7.0.6 OS 10.9.5 Mac Pro 5.1 2x2.97 6-core 32GB ram Aja I/O express, Apple... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 20 2009 5:35 PM In reply to

• Haze
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 764
    • Points 10,205

Ra-ey Saleh:
    2)  More CC Shortcuts.  There don't appear to be any at the moment.  I'd like to be able to quickly Tab between layouts and then Tab parameters.  Not sure if I'm missing something, but at the minute I can only do the latter.

In the command palette the tab for CC effects has buttons for mapping tabs, 12 of them.  You can map them to just about any button or tab in the CC tool.  For a basic set up I've mapped the tabs across the top of the CC tool using shift and a number; ex.  shift -1 (HSL), shift-2 (Channels), shift-3 (Levels), shift-4 (curves), shift-5 (Secondary). 

This is on Symphony.  MC doesn't have mappable CC tabs.

Avid DS 11 | Z800, Symphony 6.5 | HP xw 8600, MC 6.5 | HP Z400, Unity Storage [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 21 2009 2:30 AM In reply to

Haze,

Thanks for the advice - I saw the buttons but couldn't work out exactly what to do with them.  That's what I wanted, cheers.  I do still standby wanting more shortcut buttons however, like "nudge".

Itmatters, it would be fantastic if we did have additional tools like you suggest in CC.  It can't be long now before we have another Tab geared towards this kind of thing, and Vignettes etc...  At least one would hope.  It's probably been the most asked for feature for a long time.

Ra-ey

Symphony Nitris v7, Media Composer v7, Artist Color, ISIS v4.1, Unity MediaNetwork v5.4, Sapphire v6.1, Boris Continuum Complete v8.1.1, AvidFX... [view my complete system specs]

Media Composer 6 Certified User

Media Composer 6 Certified Professional

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

• Wed, Oct 21 2009 3:26 AM In reply to

• Abeyta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Phoenix
    • Posts 198
    • Points 2,465

Yes, these are all great suggestions. I hope Avid is listening.

Mac Pro 2013 6 Core 3.5ghz, MC Symphony 8.7, 16GB RAM, D700, OS 10.10.5, Ultrastudio 4K, Pegasus2 R6 12TB [view my complete system specs]

Derrick Abeyta | Blu Pixel

Phoenix, Arizona

www.blupixelpost.com

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller