Latest post Wed, Oct 21 2009 12:22 AM by jaws. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 13 2009 11:09 PM

• jaws
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 8 2009
    • Posts 37
    • Points 385

clip simultaneously playing

On the Deko 3000 running in dual channel, I want to have one clip simultaneously playing on both channels playing in sync.  Right now the clip is playing on both channels but not in sync.  Is there an option or a method to go about syncing the channels?

• Thu, Oct 15 2009 11:39 PM In reply to

• jaws
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 37
    • Points 385

Re: clip simultaneously playing

I just read in the Deko manual that Deko will automatically recognize if the next clip is the same clip and will not restart the clip, in turn giving a seamless transition. 

I double checked to make sure I only have ONE version of this clip in the clip editor.  So why isn't this working?

• Mon, Oct 19 2009 9:01 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

The clip codecs on each channel are separate, so unlike earlier versions of Deko, where you could route a single clip to play on Channel A, Channel B or both, the clips playing on Channel A and Channel B are independent.  Any clips playing in layers are also independent, so you could have one or more clips playing at the same time, each triggered independently.  I don't know of a way to play the same clip on both channels simultaneously, but I will investigate further to find out.

It may be helpful to know what you are trying to acheive by linking the same clip to both channels as well as what version you are running, what type of production you are doing, and how your system is configured for playback.  Is this live news/sports or taped production?  Are you using automation control or is this manual playback?  If manual, is it page independent or sequences?

I'll let you know what I find out.

• Wed, Oct 21 2009 12:22 AM In reply to

• jaws
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 37
    • Points 385

Thanks for the response Mary,

We are running the Deko 3000 Hybrid in automation controlled by Parker Vision for live newscasts (yes, Parker Vision, not Ignite)

What we are trying to achieve in this case is a "reveal" type of graphic.  Since we are running in automation we have to switch back and forth between channels to create the reveal.  So we want the background clip to simultaneously play on both channels so that when we go back and forth between channels it is a seamless background loop.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller