Latest post Thu, Oct 1 2009 10:29 PM by maryd. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 28 2009 5:59 AM

• stustustu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 11 2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 17
    • Points 215

More 3D questions!

I've spent quite a lot of time playing with the new Deko3D options and as a result also have a few more questions to ask...

1) How do I get powerclips to play when mapped to a 3d object?  For testing I've used a cube that I've been mapping Deko layers to the sides of.  This works, but when I try doing this with a powerclip it fails to play - instead displaying a frozen (first?) frame.  My powerclips play fine in a 2D scene, just not when used with Deko3D.

2) I am trying to get a 3D object to fade out within a scene (over time) & have tried using both a 'visibility track' and also the opacity of the applied texture within 3Ds Max but Deko doesn't seem to notice this.  Is there a way to get an object (or Deko3D layer) to dissolve in/out?

3) When wrapping a Deko layer around a sphere there seems to be a seam down the back of the object that I cannot close.  This occurs where the edges of the Deko layer meet when wrapped around the sphere.  I wanted to wrap a map of the earth onto the sphere which looked nice but its impossible to rotate, otherwise you'd see the seam!!

Thanks again,

Stu.

Filed under: ,
  • Thu, Oct 1 2009 10:29 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

Re: More 3D questions!

Hi Stu,

Powerclips are playing fine mapped to 3D objects, I am not getting any freeze frame.  You need to take this issue up with support.

I will have to look further into items 2 & 3.  More to come.

thanks,

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller