Latest post Fri, Feb 13 2009 4:41 AM by iroque. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 17 2006 1:44 PM

• iszkiri
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 17 2006
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Can't find any audio cards in your system

Hi!

First when I downloaded and installed my Avid Free DV, everything worked correctly.
    After I installed my webcam (Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000) Avid pops the following error message:

"Can't find any audio cards in your system. You will not be able to play audio."

What can I do to work my Avid correctly again?

Please help me!
    Iszkiri

• Tue, Jan 17 2006 3:00 PM In reply to

Re: Can't find any audio cards in your system

Search on "webcam" ... there's dozens of posts.
    Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Tue, Jan 24 2006 12:53 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,944
    • Points 82,400
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

as in disconnect the webcam prior to start up.. USB webcams often come with a mic and therefore act like a soundcard for the OS.. Avid does not like that much...

Menno
    35+ MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 500 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage - MOG SPeedrail... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

• Thu, Feb 15 2007 11:10 AM In reply to

• RST
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 633
    • Points 7,440

Baklap:
    as in disconnect the webcam prior to start up.. USB webcams often come with a mic and therefore act like a soundcard for the OS.. Avid does not like that much...

Menno
    Thank you, Avideers.  I disconnected the webcam, and that did it.

Much appreciated.

Dell Precision Workstation 670 with a single Intel Xeon CPU (3.20GHz) and 3 GB of RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400 with Driver Version 6.14.10.9185; SB Audigy... [view my complete system specs]

"Meet the wife, and don't laugh." - Shemp (WHY PAY RENT?, 1935)

• Sat, Jul 14 2007 4:27 AM In reply to

• makastoo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jul 14 2007
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

I am running Avid Xpress Pro 5.6 and had a Logitech webcam in my USB port. I was recieving the same error message at startup and it forced me to use the "dont play audio" setting. I detached my webcam and - BAM- Avid now recognizes my sound card. *Phew

Thanks for this post
  • Sun, Apr 20 2008 5:28 PM In reply to

• emendator
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Apr 20 2008
    • Chicago
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

I have the same problem with Xpress 3.5, and I've searched all the posts adressing webcam issues. 

I've unplugged and uninstalled my logitech webcam to no avail.  Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks much.

Microsoft Windows XP Pro Avid Xpress DV 3.5 Quicktime 7.4.1 Dell Inspiron 6400 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Apr 20 2008 5:45 PM In reply to

Hi,

What audio card is in your system?

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Apr 20 2008 6:09 PM In reply to

• emendator
    • Not Ranked
    • Chicago
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

It's a Sigma Tel High Definition Audio CODEC

Microsoft Windows XP Pro Avid Xpress DV 3.5 Quicktime 7.4.1 Dell Inspiron 6400 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Apr 20 2008 6:33 PM In reply to

emendator:
    It's a Sigma Tel High Definition Audio CODEC

Hi,

Unfortunately, Avid has a lot of trouble with Sigma Tel and Realtek HD audio cards.  Here are the results of a forum search for realtek.

You may be able to get it working by trying different drivers, or changing your Windows mixer settings, but most people wind up getting a Soundblaster Audigy 2 card and installing that.

good luck

Carl

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Apr 21 2008 3:23 AM In reply to

• emendator
    • Not Ranked
    • Chicago
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Thanks much.  I'll look into the Soundblaster card, as this is just a frustrating issue.

The advice is much appreciated.

- Chris

• Mon, Apr 21 2008 4:03 AM In reply to

• emendator
    • Not Ranked
    • Chicago
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

After searching for a sigma tel driver, I did find this link.

http://www.downloadsource.net/16240/Toshiba-SigmaTel-HD-Audio-Driver-Windows-XP/

I downloaded and installed and I'm not getting the "can't play audio" warning when I start up, but I still can't hear anything.  Part of this has to do with the fact that I have no idea what I'm doing in the Avid, so it may me a very simple fix.

-  Regardless, I'm happy to have found a solution to the main problem and I can check with an editor tomorrow at work to find out if I'm nearing the end of this issue.

- Thanks again.

• Wed, Apr 23 2008 10:28 PM In reply to

• scroll2b
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 1 2008
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Got the same message with my Audigy 2 zs (model number = SB0350), but I just installed it so I'm still working out the issue...

Update: Originally I updated the drivers through Windows Update. Lesson learned: use the official driver download...

• Fri, Feb 13 2009 4:41 AM In reply to

• iroque
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 13 2009
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Update: Originally I updated the drivers through Windows Update. Lesson learned: use the official driver download...

Better yet, if u have an audigy card (in my case an audigy2) use the youp-pax drivers, with the official driver i always have the problem "cant find any audio cards in your system", the drivers can be found at:

http://www.youp-pax.org

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller