Latest post Sat, Aug 29 2009 9:39 AM by John Moore. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 25 2009 6:38 PM

• John Moore
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 3 2006
    • Studio City, CA
    • Posts 396
    • Points 4,460

LTC XLR Out on Mac SNDX Ver. 3.5.4?

Can anyone confirm whether the LTC Out XLR on the Nitris DX Bob works.  Trying to get it to feed a Tek scope for logging but doesn't seem to work.  I'm not near another source of time code to check the scope end now.  I tried switching project formats but no luck.  Could this be tied to the original format of the sequence (TC1)?   Just thinking out loud.

Symphony Nitris and Nitris DX 4.x and MCsoft 5.x & 5.5x, MCsoft 6, Artist Color [view my complete system specs]

John Moore Barking Trout Productions bigfish@pacbell.net

• Tue, Aug 25 2009 8:39 PM In reply to

• John Moore
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Studio City, CA
    • Posts 396
    • Points 4,460

Re: LTC XLR Out on Mac SNDX Ver. 3.5.4?

Well I've been able to confirm the scope will read time code from a deck just not the Avid.  I have gone to the general settings and enabled "Generate LTC On Playback" but still nothing out of the avid that reads at the scope.

Symphony Nitris and Nitris DX 4.x and MCsoft 5.x & 5.5x, MCsoft 6, Artist Color [view my complete system specs]

• Tue, Aug 25 2009 9:48 PM In reply to

• Abeyta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Phoenix
    • Posts 198
    • Points 2,465

Hi John, Did you check to see if Generate LTC on playback was enabled in the General tab?

Mac Pro 2013 6 Core 3.5ghz, MC Symphony 8.7, 16GB RAM, D700, OS 10.10.5, Ultrastudio 4K, Pegasus2 R6 12TB [view my complete system specs]

Derrick Abeyta | Blu Pixel

Phoenix, Arizona

www.blupixelpost.com

• Tue, Aug 25 2009 10:06 PM In reply to

• Abeyta
    • Not Ranked
    • Phoenix
    • Posts 198
    • Points 2,465

Sorry, I see you've already checked that.

I just ran an XLR cable from the DX LTC out to my HDCAM deck and it is reading LTC timecode correctly.

Mac Pro 2013 6 Core 3.5ghz, MC Symphony 8.7, 16GB RAM, D700, OS 10.10.5, Ultrastudio 4K, Pegasus2 R6 12TB [view my complete system specs]

Derrick Abeyta | Blu Pixel

Phoenix, Arizona

www.blupixelpost.com

• Wed, Aug 26 2009 5:53 AM In reply to

• John Moore
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Studio City, CA
    • Posts 396
    • Points 4,460

I plugged the time code input to a deck and it reads code from it but not the LTC out of my Nitris DX.  I guess I'll have to dig a little deeper to see if there is any signal coming out the bob.  If it works for you that gives me hope.

• Wed, Aug 26 2009 8:21 AM In reply to

• udosauer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • Posts 448
    • Points 5,255

The LTC signal is just an audio signal (@1x speed ~4kHz). Check the audiolevel of the LTC with a peakmeter, maybe you have to amplify or attenuate the signal.

Udo

2x HP Z800 with Mojo DX and MC7.0 | 1x HP Z800 with Nitris DX and MC7.0+SYM-Option | 1x Unity MEFC5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Aug 29 2009 9:39 AM In reply to

• John Moore
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Studio City, CA
    • Posts 396
    • Points 4,460

Forgot to follow up on the resolution to my problem.  Here is my post to the L2

Re: LTC XLR Out on Mac SNDX?

Thanks for all the suggestions. Today it is working!!! yeah
    I did plug the output into the mixer and heard time code and I put it into a
    composite scope and saw it. I will say relative to the BNC time code output of
    a Panny 1400 the voltage is about 30% less. I think my problem was coming from
    the fact that I was not only wiring in the time code signal, but also an
    external remote panel to recall presets. I think perhaps when I was testing I
    was also calling up presets remotely that were programed to read anc tc not ltc.
    I probably didn't notice the change at the time. It also didn't help that I
    dragged in a Panny 1400 as my time code reader but I didn't realize it was set
    to firewire input so it wouldn't read code but it would generate code. Oh well
    after ohming and scoping I think the scope just decided to give me a break when
    it saw I had the Panavise out and a bunch of alligator clips it knew it would be
    next on my chopping block. So bottom line the Avid was outputting time code I
    just couldn't get anything to read it yesterday. So Avid I promise to not have
    any more tantrums about time code. So if I'm good can I get my split to
    reference back in the color corrector? ;-)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller