Latest post Wed, Aug 28 2013 11:46 PM by AndrewAction. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 18 2009 4:29 PM

text in media composer

Is there a way to insert text in Media Composer without using the title tool or Marquee. I'm trying to decide the easiest way for a beginner to make credits, lower thirds, etc.

Thanks in advance for the help!

• Tue, Aug 18 2009 4:31 PM In reply to

Re: text in media composer

Title Tool is pretty simple, and certainly the "easiest way".  Is it not working for you, or doing what you want?

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Tue, Aug 18 2009 4:33 PM In reply to

• Neil J
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 576
    • Points 7,390

Agree with Randall but you can also use Photoshop files with layers or PNGs / TIFFs etc with alphas

• Tue, Aug 18 2009 4:48 PM In reply to

It is pretty easy, but when I import them into media composer it displays blurry. Does this happen with photoshop too, or am I using the wrong settings somewhere?

• Tue, Aug 18 2009 4:52 PM In reply to

• Neil J
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 576
    • Points 7,390

Shouldn't be blurry out of Text Tool at all. Are you on full Green/Green settings for display? What resolution are you working at?

• Tue, Aug 18 2009 5:31 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Also, you don't import titles from the title tool.

Can you describe your worklfow in more detail? Maybe we can help....

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Tue, Aug 18 2009 7:21 PM In reply to

• bmedia
    • Not Ranked
    • Princeton, NJ
    • Posts 91
    • Points 1,095

I find myself using AvidFX more and more for titles these days.

HP Z220 3.4 GHz Intel Xeon / NVIDIA Quadro K1200 / 24GB RAM / WIN10 Pro / MC 2018.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 18 2009 9:11 PM In reply to

I simply open up title tool, type my text and customize it, then save it to the bin at 1:1 resolution. But when I pull it up on my preview monitor it displays blurry. Also, when I drag it to the timeline and put it up on my program monitor it's still blurry.

• Tue, Aug 18 2009 9:31 PM In reply to

Again, are you in full quality (green/green) mode?  (The little colored circle in the lower left of your timeline.)  If you are green/yellow, effects (including graphics) are lower quality.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Aug 18 2009 10:00 PM In reply to

Are these static or Rolling titles?

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/74374/416411.aspx#416411

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Tue, Aug 18 2009 10:18 PM In reply to

Yes, I am in green/green mode now and still the same response. It is for static images and text right now.

I apologize for any confusion about my 2 posts, one was for graphics and one was for text.

• Wed, Aug 28 2013 10:56 PM In reply to

Whats is a GREEN / GREEN , how and where can I setting this ?

All my texts experiencie are porr, there is no quality when I export to QT movies.

I did  not get a excelente quality so far.

Thanks a lot

MC 6.5

• Wed, Aug 28 2013 11:46 PM In reply to

mark_brazil:
    Whats is a GREEN / GREEN
    Green / Green refers to the timeline quality setting. Looks like a TV screen and can be coloured yellow (low quality). Half yellow half green (medium qualiy) or full green (Green / Green)  If the icon is colour with an x showing it is 10 bit.

FWIW In the past people with poor quality titles have had success with creating a new Avid user

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller