Latest post Sun, Aug 30 2009 4:21 AM by stustustu. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 14 2009 8:34 PM

• ElEdwards
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 30 2006
    • Posts 80
    • Points 780

Macros vs Motions

In a purely DekoMOS environment, is it possible to have a macro respond to tallies in the same way motions do? 

Since we updated to v4.1.2 on our 3000HD's, we have stopped trying to use motions because of a 6-second delay regarding the changing of clips, which we use in every template we have.  (OAG support hasn't been able to help with this, so we are just living with it, to my chagrin.  I consider us crippled.....but it is what it is.)

Anyway, macros typically run in Preview when the template is first called up...but I'd like to find a way to make the macro wait until a tally-on has been received.

Can this be done?  Thanks! :)

El Edwards
    WKYC-TV3
    Cleveland, OH

• Fri, Aug 28 2009 5:05 PM In reply to

• ElEdwards
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 30 2006
    • Posts 80
    • Points 780

Re: Macros vs Motions

Anyone? :(

El Edwards
    WKYC-TV3
    Cleveland, OH

• Fri, Aug 28 2009 8:30 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

To my knowledge, macros will run as soon as they are recalled.  I recommend following up with Customer Support both on this question and with the clip playback delay problems.

• Sun, Aug 30 2009 4:21 AM In reply to

• stustustu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 11 2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 17
    • Points 215

Regarding the GPI part of your question : how does the Deko receive your on-air tallies?

If it was a GPI direct to the Deko you might get some joy from the macro command 'trigger_wait'.

I'm guessing you could use MOS to recall the page with an associated macro (which will be automatically run), and within that macro put a 'trigger_wait'.  Once the GPI is received it should continue.  You may need to configure the Deko GPI settings to watch a particular COM port.

Bear in mind I'm guessing here as I've never attempted the above & could be way off the mark - I haven't used GPIs with the Deko yet.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller