Latest post Fri, Jul 10 2009 5:20 PM by Brian Suttie. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 10 2009 5:04 PM

• SHELGES1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 1 2009
    • Posts 14
    • Points 180

Reconnecting Imported Audio Files

I'm assisting an editor who is cutting a film on one Avid, while I work on another machine.  The systems are identical in that they have the same project and cloned drives.  Normally if I move a sequence over to my machine from the editor's all of the media shows up perfectly and I can begin editing.  This has worked for over a year now.  But, just recently she has started working with m4a and mp3 audio files that I have imported into Avid.  I have imported the same audio files onto my drives, but when I load the sequence in, those files appear offline.  Is there anyway I can get Avid to recognize these files without having to cut them back in on my system? 

SPECS:

Avid Xpress Pro 5.8.4

G4 Power Mac

1 GB RAM

1.25 GHz

OS X 10.4.10

4 G-raid 2 T HDs

• Fri, Jul 10 2009 5:20 PM In reply to

• Brian Suttie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Edinburgh, Scotland
    • Posts 917
    • Points 11,570

Re: Reconnecting Imported Audio Files

Don't separately import the files on your system as this will create new unlinked clips, copy the media files from one system to the other so that the drives remain as clones of each other.

If necessary sort your AVID Mediafiles and / or OMFI Mediafiles folders by date / time to find the relevant files.

If you're not sure which drive they've been imported to use the Reveal File option in the relevant bin.

regards

Brian

EDIT : Sorry, just thought there's a simpler way - batch import the clips on the machine that doesn't have the media 

"We'll fix it in post"
    "This is post"
    "aaaahh"

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller