Latest post Thu, Jul 23 2009 11:27 PM by jaws. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 7 2009 4:14 AM

• jaws
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 8 2009
    • Posts 37
    • Points 385

Auto Playing Effects

With our system running Deko 3000 automated I need my graphic's effects to play automatically when opened.  I have gone into preferences and checked "Automatically Play Associated Effects"  But they still do not play.  Any ideas?

• Tue, Jul 7 2009 7:01 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

Re: Auto Playing Effects

Be sure the motion or effect is linked correctly to the graphic (Style menu, graphics tab).

Also, the graphic must be read to preview in order to trigger the motion/effect.  If you are using dual program be sure you either set the motion or effect to play to the desired channel, or that you have last focused to the channel you want the motion to play to.

After setting your Option for Automatically Play Associated Effects use Option>Save Settings Now, or recreate your preferences macro if you have one, so that the Deko opens with that option each time.

• Tue, Jul 14 2009 5:40 AM In reply to

• jaws
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 37
    • Points 385

We are using Parker Vision to auto control the Deko in dual program mode and the problem is that we have not been able to figure out how use the preview funtion controlled by Parker Vision.  Do you know if this is possible?

• Tue, Jul 14 2009 4:47 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895

I would like to get some clarifications before I ask a colleague about this. 

Are you using DekoMOS via iNews or ENPS to create your Deko playback list?  Also, Parker Vision became Grass Valley's Ignite a few years ago - are you still using the Parker Vision software or are you using Ignite?  Are you able to manually play back an effect by recalling it onto the Deko preview with the Automatically Play Linked Effects option turned on?

Mary Driscoll

• Wed, Jul 15 2009 12:23 AM In reply to

• jaws
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 37
    • Points 385

We are using ENPS and we are not using Ignite, just Parker Vision.  I am able to auto play the effect if I manually call it up in the preview windown.

Thanks!

• Fri, Jul 17 2009 11:41 PM In reply to

• jaws
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 37
    • Points 385

So we still have not been able to figure out how to control the preview channel via Parker Vision. 

But we found a temporary solution.  If we save our graphic as a Sequence with the desired effect (as a number, like 8000.seq).  And then put the number of the saved sequence into ENPS, which then loads into PV, the graphic (or sequence) will call up correctly on air.  But what is interesting is if we manually call up the the seq number on Deko it will not read because it's not a .dko file.

We still need to control the preview channel, but this working for now.

• Thu, Jul 23 2009 1:37 AM In reply to

• jaws
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 37
    • Points 385

...Anyone able to control the preview channel via Parker Vision?

• Thu, Jul 23 2009 2:28 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895

A sequence can be read directly on Deko only by focusing to the Sequence window (View>Sequence, or select Sequence layout).  A sequence "normals" to reading the graphic on Preview and transitioning to Program.

For the issue with Parker Vision - have you contacted them directly?  They should have information on controlling peripheral devices including Deko.

• Thu, Jul 23 2009 7:00 PM In reply to

Have you called the support line (800-NEWSDNG or 800-639-7364) on this? I do not know all the ways that ParkerVision can talk to the deko, but if they are using III, this should be pretty easy to do. In general you would do the following:

1) Check the "automatically play associated effects" box in the preferences

2) In the Automation window (View->Automation) set the Default Doc to "Preview"

3) From Automation, send Y\8000<f8>\\

That will load 8000.dko into the preview window and automatically play the effect.

If you are using DekoSelect or DekoMOS, it will be somewhat different.

• Thu, Jul 23 2009 11:27 PM In reply to

• jaws
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 37
    • Points 385

Thank you so much Avid!

2) In the Automation window (View->Automation) set the Default Doc to "Preview"

That was my missing step that I couldn't find.

And as a side note, there is no longer ANY support for Parker Vision.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller