Latest post Wed, Jul 15 2009 11:51 AM by patrikberger. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 6 2009 8:34 AM

Database Access to Deko graphics

I have an database access and I want to call my Deko graphics pages from the database access.
    What is the procedure?

Thank you

• Tue, Jul 7 2009 6:57 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

Re: Database Access to Deko graphics

The database setup procedure is described in Chapter 16 of the current Deko User Guide. 

If you don't have the user guide please e-mail me directly and I will send the information to you.

Thanks,

• Wed, Jul 8 2009 4:32 PM In reply to

The procedure is just how it works but I want to read DEKO pages from the database itself. Thanks
  • Thu, Jul 9 2009 4:36 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895

Can you describe the process more?  What type of database, what type of triggers do you want to use, and what is the end result you are looking for?  Do the Deko events get triggered per time of day or via an automation system?

I may not be able to answer your question even once I have your reply, but I can ask a few Avid colleagues for some ideas.

• Mon, Jul 13 2009 12:15 PM In reply to

I wish that through the database access to read graphs of DEKO. By creating a few buttons on a form (access) to execute the reading of the graphics pages.
    I have a small idea, create a macro in sql query. But if it is not enough.
  • Mon, Jul 13 2009 8:58 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895

I ran this idea by one of our technical experts.  He asked me what reason this would be done?  He said it may be possible to use automation to open a named pipe in Access, then write a script in Access to open and write to the named pipe.  All quite a bit beyond my own knowledge base.  How the named pipe would be opened in Access he is unsure, it would probably require some sort of VB scripting

Sorry I could not be of more help.  If you can let us know the purpose of attempting this and the end result you are trying to acheive it is possible that someone at Avid or another user here from the group will be able to assist you.

• Wed, Jul 15 2009 11:51 AM In reply to

If I get something, will describe the project.

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller