Latest post Mon, Jun 15 2009 6:39 PM by Emily Clifton. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 15 2009 3:47 PM

• Emily Clifton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 10 2008
    • Brooklyn, NY
    • Posts 12
    • Points 130

Audio waveform corruption when levelling audio on clips

Hi

I have MC 3.1.3 on a Mac Pro running 10.5.6, and have seen this issue on other Mac systems running the same version of MC. When viewing a source clip (NOT a sequence), changing either the volume level or the pan (eg, midding the audio), causes the audio waveform to get corrupted. The audio plays back fine, but the waveform totally changes.

For example, I have HDV 1080i/60 footage with camera mic on A1 and lave on A2; I load the source clip with waveforms, and attempt to mid both audio tracks, or even just one. The waveform instantly changes to an unrecognizable pattern.

This does not happen when working with the audio on a sequence. However, it's usually more efficient for me to work on audio on source clips so I don't have to do multiple changes in a sequence.

I didn't see this issue mentioned in the release notes for 3.1.3 or the "fixed" list for 3.5. Can anyone else confirm it?

Thanks!

Emily 

2008 Mac Pro (2 x 3.0GHz), 10.5.6, MC 3.1.3, GeForce 8800GT and GT120 (3 screens) [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , , ,
  • Mon, Jun 15 2009 4:51 PM In reply to

Re: Audio waveform corruption when levelling audio on clips

I can confirm the issue existed for me in previous versions and does not exist in 3.5 or 3.5.1.  You can usually "fix" the timeline on the fly by using the zoom slider just a little and forcing a waveform re-draw.  That is annoying as well however.

MC 2018.9, Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K, 12-Core MacPro, 64 GB RAM, 24 TB Thunderbolt Storage [view my complete system specs]

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. Motion Inc

• Mon, Jun 15 2009 6:39 PM In reply to

• Emily Clifton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 10 2008
    • Brooklyn, NY
    • Posts 12
    • Points 130

Re: Audio waveform corruption when levelling audio on clips

Thanks for the confirmation and workaround Todd. Good to know it's not just my system. 

Emily

2008 Mac Pro (2 x 3.0GHz), 10.5.6, MC 3.1.3, GeForce 8800GT and GT120 (3 screens) [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller