Latest post Tue, Jun 9 2009 12:37 PM by Larry Rubin. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 8 2009 12:36 PM

Opening AXP Projects to Media Composer

Hello.

Can you open AvidExpressProHD projects into MediaComposer? How? I tried but I cannot do it. We have an AXP (Windows) project in an external drive (G-Raid). I hooked it up to the MacPro ruuning MC 3 but I canot open it. It does not show up in the project directory.

This is actualy a follow-up from my early post <here>

Avid MC 8.3 | OSX 10.8.5 | MacPro 8-Core, 24 GB | HDV/H264/AVCHD/DV/, Sony HVR-Z1/Z7, Canon EOS [view my complete system specs]

Ervz Tia | Video Productions
    WM Communications, Asia-Pacific | Philippines

--

• Mon, Jun 8 2009 12:42 PM In reply to

Re: Opening AXP Projects to Media Composer

tikboy:
    We have an AXP (Windows) project in an external drive (G-Raid). I hooked it up to the MacPro ruuning MC 3 but I canot open it. It does not show up in the project directory.

The project folder must be in the "Avid Projects" folder to be seen in the normal directory path. If it's on the external drive, you will need to either move it into the "Avid Projects" folder or use the browser on the select project window to navigate a path to it on the external drive.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Jun 9 2009 2:17 AM In reply to

Thanks.

Yes, that's what I am trying to do but when I point Avid to the Avid Projects folder, I cannot see the projects or any items. I'm sure and I can clearly see the project when I browse the directory manually (Finder).

Avid MC 8.3 | OSX 10.8.5 | MacPro 8-Core, 24 GB | HDV/H264/AVCHD/DV/, Sony HVR-Z1/Z7, Canon EOS [view my complete system specs]

--

• Tue, Jun 9 2009 2:33 AM In reply to

Have you tried opening an External Project?

With that you can browse to any folder on any drive and select the project. Then hit OK and it should open.

If not it sounds like a Mac file or folder permissions issue

• Tue, Jun 9 2009 3:10 AM In reply to

• DylanReeve
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 1,680
    • Points 20,460
    • Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

No reason you shouldn't be able to open Xpress Pro project in Media Composer (and the other way too).

I'd suggest it is a permissions problem if you can browse to it as an external project but not open it.

I'd try making a new project where you normally store projects, and then simply copying the .avb files you need from the AXP project. That should work.

Various systems - including HP Z440 and Z840 workstations Media Composer 2018 [view my complete system specs]

Dylan Reeve - Edit Geek // Online/Offline Editor // Post Production Supervisor
    Auckland, New Zealand

• Tue, Jun 9 2009 10:55 AM In reply to

Yes. I think it's the permission issue of the drive. When I open the drive info, it says 'custom access' and I do not know how to change it.

Anyway, I just copied the project folder to my local drive and it worked.

Thank you!

--

• Tue, Jun 9 2009 12:37 PM In reply to

Tikboy:

Just for your records here is the procedure for setting permissions.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller