Latest post Wed, Jun 3 2009 8:41 PM by Avid 99. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 2 2009 6:50 PM

• coolwavepic
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 27 2006
    • Tempe, AZ
    • Posts 59
    • Points 895

Need to get VIDEO into FCP

Hey everyone,

I need to trasnsfer my film to digibeta, the house that we are using is asking for the film on Final Cut because they don't have Avid.

I shot the movie on HDV and now I am looking to export it so that Final Cut can import my file without losing much quality.

Can anyone give me advice on how to export this so they can put it on Digibeta. I can't go back to miniDV because the transfer to DigiBeta needs 4 audio tracks.

Intel i7 4820k, 16GB Ram, Windows 8.1 [view my complete system specs]

Thanks, Charles www.coolwavepictures.com

Filed under: , , ,
  • Tue, Jun 2 2009 6:52 PM In reply to

Re: Need to get VIDEO into FCP

Recommend that you borrow or rent a DigiBeta deck and do a digital cut to it from your Avid platform.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Jun 2 2009 6:54 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Or...do it file based and use Automatic duck to export the whole sequence out of your Avid and into the FCP rig.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Tue, Jun 2 2009 6:55 PM In reply to

Automatic Duck is your friend.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Principal Product Designer for Broadcast Storage & Editor Products

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Wed, Jun 3 2009 8:41 PM In reply to

• Avid 99
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 503
    • Points 6,520

You don't need any other software. Export your sequence as a Quicktime movie, uncompressed, and that will drop right into FCP.  If you don't know how to export 4-tracks of audio, you can export to two stereo AIF or WAV files (with the same start time as your video), and those will also drop right into FCP.  Whether your files will play out of FCP in real-time on that end depends on whether they have a RAID.  If they don't, they may need to transcode to ProRes to get it to play off slower drives.

MBP 17" - 1x2 2.66 - 4G RAM - 10.7.4 - 7.6.6 - MC 6.0.3 ///// MacPro3,1 - 2x4 3GHz - 32G RAM - 10.7.4 - 7.6.6 - ATTO R680 SAS RAID5 (8x2TB) - MC 6... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller