Latest post Fri, Aug 28 2009 2:02 AM by Bill S. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 28 2009 6:02 AM

• Sgoldman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 20 2009
    • Posts 56
    • Points 725

Sony Anycast Lag

hey guys,

as well as my love for editing i have a love for vision switching. i was working at a place that uses a sony anycast and i on an ag-mx70 cutting the cameras.

now i am working for another company looking to use only a sony anycast but i was a bit anxious about the lag of the input previews down the bottom of the screen. i was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way around the lag, maybe a setting on the anycast or using an external monitor?

any help would be much appreciated

thank you :)

Windows XP - SP3 Media Composer 3.5 Pc Nvidia Geforce 9800 GX2 - 1GB Video Memory Intel Core 2 Quad Cpu Q6700 @ 2.66 GHZ 2.67GHz, 2.75GB of Ram Sound... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 29 2009 7:55 PM In reply to

Re: Sony Anycast Lag

I went to a demo of the anycast close to two years ago. It is a neat little machine. The portability is way cool and the fact that it can do HD is pretty impressive.

BUT, lag is known issue with it. And not just on a preview either. There is a lag in the program out on the system as well. It was something the demonstrator showed us in the first 20 minutes of a 4 hour demo. I actually appreciated the guy being up front about it.

Nothing small conventions and churches couldn't live with but not something I would rush to use on high profile/high dollar event.

:EDIT: You can bypass the preview lag by using external monitors and doing a loop thru then going into your Anycast. Or if your monitors don't have a loop thru (rare but out there) you could feed the source to a DA then use the DA to feed the monitor and the Anycast.

• Fri, Aug 28 2009 2:02 AM In reply to

• Bill S
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 28 2009
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Re: Sony Anycast Lag

I'm not an expert here but I would like to know what you mean by LAG. Lag from what to what? And why is it a problem?

I use the Anycast to broadcast/record government meetings live.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller