Latest post Wed, Jun 9 2010 10:12 AM by vijayvenkataramanan. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 12 2009 9:44 PM

• o_ren
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 19
    • Points 235

Installing MetaFuze on Linux

Hi all

Yes another Linux question...

The Avid MetaFuze page sais it's possible to install MetaFuze on Linux.

I'm running Fedora 9 32bit on a bunch of render farm machines and thought of utilizing this for Avid encoding.

I executed the MetaFuze installer and wine (1.0.1) finished the installation succefully. When I try to launch MetaFuze I get the following error:

metaproject::initialize() failed, aborting...

Anyone has any ideas what can cause this? Is anyone using Metafuze on a render farm like this?

Thanks

O

• Wed, May 13 2009 6:35 AM In reply to

• TCurren
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 2,994
    • Points 37,745

Re: Installing MetaFuze on Linux

You have to use a really big hammer when you are on the cutting edge....

Symphony Nitris Classic, Symphony DX, MC Soft, MC Adrenaline, MC Adrenaline HD, Unity, Terrablock, ProTools [view my complete system specs]

Terence Curren Alpha Dogs, Inc.

Burbank, Ca

www.alphadogs.tv

www.digitalservicestation.com

www.editorslounge.com

• Wed, Jun 9 2010 10:12 AM In reply to

Re: Installing MetaFuze on Linux

Im running Metafuze through the latest version of Wine on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. Works like a dream!

But, after installing, to run the program, you have to go into the App menu >> Wine >> Browse C: Drive and then go to the Metafuze installation directory, locate the MetafuzeApp.exe file and run it by right-clicking and selecting run with Wine windows program loader or whatever it says. Creating a shortcut on the desktop and double clicking gives an error for some odd reason.

I'm using it to transcode DPX files into an 1080p HD MXF and have found that it transcodes a lot faster on Ubuntu than on Windows.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller